Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    MHardesty619MHardesty619 Registered Users Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have they posted the positions on the careers site?
  • Options
    Kenny23692Kenny23692 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Man Vectrus is killing the contract game. Everywhere you look its Vectrus. I just wish they wouldnt pay so low
  • Options
    BeatOnTheWaterBeatOnTheWater Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No, not yet. But you can store a copy of your CV. I think they will be posting LOGCAP positions very soon.

Kenny23692 said:
    Man Vectrus is killing the contract game. Everywhere you look its Vectrus. I just wish they wouldnt pay so low
    They wouldn't. If they'll cut the pay, that wouldn't be much and will be brought back soon afterwards.
  • Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No, not yet. But you can store a copy of your CV. I think they will be posting LOGCAP positions very soon.

Kenny23692 said:
    They wouldn't. If they'll cut the pay, that wouldn't be much and will be brought back soon afterwards.

LOL you are wrong that they wont cut the pay. Vectrus won the C4 IT contract and a lot of people got cut $40-50K. There is a reason why Vectrus wins so many contracts cause they way underbid the competition that is why they pay so low cause they have to keep their profit margins.  
  • Options
    Speghetty said:

Kenny23692 said:

LOL you are wrong that they wont cut the pay. Vectrus won the C4 IT contract and a lot of people got cut $40-50K. There is a reason why Vectrus wins so many contracts cause they way underbid the competition that is why they pay so low cause they have to keep their profit margins.  
    Sir, we are talking about LOGCAP.
  • Options
    Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but if anyone is housed at Bagram with Vectrus, can you upload a few pics of the housing arrangement? I'm trying to get a mental image of what I'll be living and have been unable to find any contractors showing that off anywhere on the internet. Just like room size/personal section size. How far away the bathroom/showers are. Stuff like that.

Thanks
  • Options
    BranHard5BranHard5 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can someone do the same for Kuwait or send a link that shows it, please? 

Thanks 
  • Options
    BranHard5 said:

Thanks 
    Sir, if you are stationed in Kuwait, you'll be living off post. There are plenty of cheap but decent flats in Mahboula and Mangaf.  You can check it on Youtube
  • Options
    Kenny23692Kenny23692 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    BranHard5 said:

Thanks 
    Sir, if you are stationed in Kuwait, you'll be living off post. There are plenty of cheap but decent flats in Mahboula and Mangaf.  You can check it on Youtube
    I dont understand why anyone would want to work in Kuwait. Qatar / Bahrain are better with higher pay.
  • Options
    BranHard5BranHard5 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited August 2019
    Because they want to get over there as soon as possible instead of waiting around for a position to come available. Things might change once they get their foot in the door. 
  • Options
    Kuwait is the center hub in CentCom. Meaning, there's more opportunities here compared to other GCC countries. 
  • Options
    XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Speghetty said:

Kenny23692 said:

Sir, we are talking about LOGCAP.
    From my experience, LOGCAP contractors make less, but this could change.
    V/R

• Options
    What is LOGCAP?
  • Options
    Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but if anyone is housed at Bagram with Vectrus, can you upload a few pics of the housing arrangement? I'm trying to get a mental image of what I'll be living and have been unable to find any contractors showing that off anywhere on the internet. Just like room size/personal section size. How far away the bathroom/showers are. Stuff like that.

Thanks
    The housing is small, you have room mates and live in close quarters, as far as pictures of places, lengths etc, would fall under OPSEC.
    V/R

• Options
    BranHard5 said:

Thanks 
    I dont understand why anyone would want to work in Kuwait. Qatar / Bahrain are better with higher pay.
    The same reason people work other places, to get their foot in the door?
    V/R

• Options
    Kuwait is the center hub in CentCom. Meaning, there's more opportunities here compared to other GCC countries. 
    CentCom is the hub for the Middle East, there are so many regions out there. 
    V/R

• Options
    I didn’t mean like pictures of the buildings, I mean like a picture of the inside of the room. Like how many sqft are we talking.
  • Options
    What is LOGCAP?
    It’s basicallly like prehired companies, designated to a region to perform work for the government. Contracts usually cover an area, LOGCAPS cover regions.
    V/R

• Options
    mizterkewlmizterkewl Member Posts: 122 ■■■■□□□□□□

Thanks
    It's a rectangle. Back half for one person, front half for someone else. Enough room for two twin bunk beds and two tall, two door lockers.
  • Options
    202202 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From what every one else has described, I’d guess vectrus housing in Afghanistan looks similar to what’s shown in this video, here youtu.be/f2ybfe-u-F4 . 

Hopefully someone who has actually been to Bagram AF can confirm if this is similar or no. 
  • Options
    202 said:
    From what every one else has described, I’d guess vectrus housing in Afghanistan looks similar to what’s shown in this video, here youtu.be/f2ybfe-u-F4 . 

Hopefully someone who has actually been to Bagram AF can confirm if this is similar or no. 
    You live in a rectangle connex. It is probably about 7 feet wide and 18 feet long. You have enough room for your bunk bed and your standing wall locker. You share the room with another person. You have communal showers and toilet and sinks. 
  • Options
    Gotcha, thanks for the info y’all.

202, that YouTube link doesn’t work. What’s the title of the video?
  • Options
    Gotcha, thanks for the info y’all.

202, that YouTube link doesn’t work. What’s the title of the video?
    Sorry about that, it won’t let me post hyperlinks. The video is called bagram barracks and it was uploaded by someone named David on July 4, 2018
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    No worries. Thanks for the info. I had actually seen that before but wasn’t sure if contractors has the same setup as enlisted. 
  • Options
    No worries. Thanks for the info. I had actually seen that before but wasn’t sure if contractors has the same setup as enlisted. 
    Had a linguist friend who worked in that area. It's the same as Speghetty described. Long conexes sharing with another occupant. Just be careful out there as there's a lot of Ali Baba roving. He lost 3 (newly cleaned) pairs of shoes just outside his room. 
  • Options
    Lol “Ali Baba roving”? I get the meaning but I’m a bit lost on the context.
  • Options
    Lol “Ali Baba roving”? I get the meaning but I’m a bit lost on the context.
    Like Ali baba and the 40 thieves.. somebody decided they like the guys shoes so much they’ll just take them home with them lol
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the fable. I was thinking about the website lol
  • Options
    Sorry about that. In the Middle East, Ali Baba means "bad guy" but is often used to describe a thief 😁
  • Options
    They got rid of all the Afghans on base