Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As I'm gearing up for my interview, could anyone offer some insight as to their experience for the System Admin position? I'm wondering how technical or not technical they will get
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Hey NY, I noticed no one had responded to you, did you have your interview yet? My interview was for a lower level position but my primary interview and technical interview were rolled together since I had time. It was pretty basic and needless to say I answered everything correctly. How far along in the process are you at this point? I just cleared my physical and waiting to get my clearance, or at least my interim. Can't imagine they would have given me a full clearance in 2 weeks :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up. I just heard back today and was told I passed icon_thumright.gif. Now I have to wait to hear back from them as far as where I would go since I didn't originally choose a preference (not that I didn't have one in mind). We'll see what happens now
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • Options
    Good deal, glad to hear its working out for you. I just found out that I'm "GO". I need to get my immunizations but I turned in my notice at work so its on. Anyone know if they're still doing combat landings in Bagram? I hate those things, lol.
  • Options
    wtrwlkrwtrwlkr Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey guys, glad to hear you're both doing well with the process. Good luck in the future. If you get to bagram, hit me up and we can grab lunch at the DFAC. My treat.
  • Options
    You got yourself a deal, good Sir! Mind if I PM you with a few additional questions?
  • Options
  • Options
    Absolutely icon_lol.gif. I'm still waiting on any notice of an offer letter getting anxious checking my email every so often. I have a question about the medical portion of the clearance, once you are signed on are you supposed to go to your own doctors or special ones they assign you to in your area?

Also does anyone have experience applying to multiple locations and how the job offer was handled? Are you only sent one letter or multiple depending on how many places/positions you've applied for?
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • Options
    I can answer at least the first part of your question. The company you go to work for will pay for the visits. I was contacted by a company who handled the medical scheduling for my recruiter (5 River Services). Once they confirmed what was within driving distance to me they said they would call back with an appointment time. They TRY to take into account your schedule but in my case there was nothing they could do and I had to take time off work to go to my Dental and Medical appointments which were scheduled on separate days- big time pain in the butt especially if you're not prepared to tell your job that you are looking for something else. After about 3 days you'll get your final results on your medical. Your dental checkup should tell you the same day.

My issue now is getting my immunizations. They are having a difficult time find a place that can give me all the shots I need. Not sure why- I live in NE Ohio which is far from being rural.
  • Options
    Nyblizzard,

Fulcrum is absolutely correct about the medical issue. As far as different locations go, I was asked during my tech interview which country I'd like to go to, and received an offer letter based on my answer. I'd imagine they'd note your preference and send you one offer letter based on that.
  • Options
    Dman707Dman707 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey wtrwlkr I just joined this website today. I am due for Afghanistan in about 4 weeks. I have been there before for a another company and I had to fly into Kandahar or KAF, is it different with Vectrus? Also I'm going to be an electrician, do they usually have a base they stay at or do they fly from base to base where the work is? I had to do that last time it was fun but really risky too and I kind of was hoping I didn't have to do that so much this time, but I get the feeling it won't. Thanks.
    -D
  • Options
    LetMeKnow2006LetMeKnow2006 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Trying to find some information about Security or Transportation jobs in Kuwait.
    wtrwlkr wrote: »
    Nyblizzard

I currently work for this company, but in a different country. Feel free to reach out to me personally if you have any specific questions.
  • Options
    It's been a week now and still no word of an offer. Starting to worry if only because of the quick turn around it seems people here have had.
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • Options
    @ NY, I'm sure you'll be fine- there's gotta be several positions open for the various countries they work in. Just know that when the word comes, it comes fast. I JUST had 2 weeks to give my work place notice once everything checked out.
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just got another email from them yesterday, even though I said I was not remotely interested in going overseas. Had to add them to spam.
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    MrAgent, you do know that Vectrus operates in the US too, right? The last contact I got from Vectrus involved a job located in Portland OR or Vicksburg, MS
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yes, I am aware. This contract specifically states AF. No thanks.
    Also, I worked for ITT at one point in my career.
  • Options
    Finally(!) got an offer but am unfortunately underwhelmed by the complete offer (for Afghanistan). I'm going to assume this is a take it or leave it deal, when it comes to total compensation and location offered.
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • Options
    Congrats NY! Yeah, to be honest I was a little underwhelmed myself when I saw how they totaled the initial dollar figure. Still, $95k tax free? I could cram 3 years into 1 and thats the reason I'm doing this. Odds are that this particular offer is only good for what you've been quoted. Id say go for it but maybe it's because I don't want to be the only one in AF in 2016 :)
  • Options
    Dman707 wrote: »
    hey wtrwlkr I just joined this website today. I am due for Afghanistan in about 4 weeks. I have been there before for a another company and I had to fly into Kandahar or KAF, is it different with Vectrus? Also I'm going to be an electrician, do they usually have a base they stay at or do they fly from base to base where the work is? I had to do that last time it was fun but really risky too and I kind of was hoping I didn't have to do that so much this time, but I get the feeling it won't. Thanks.
    -D

Hey, sorry I missed your question. I don't really know how the electricians do things, but I can guarantee you'll be staying on base. Whether or not you'll travel to other bases I can't answer.

As far as getting here, you'll probably fly into Kuwait and then on to your final destination.
  • Options
    Yea the more I've been thinking throughout the day, the more I realize what a great opportunity it would be icon_thumright.gif
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • Options
    NY, Fulcrum,

Completely agree. They are not among the highest paying companies out here. However, I had some debt to pay off and all that jazz so I took the offer. Alot of guys take jobs with Vectrus only to get to the AOR and try to get picked up by other higher paying companies, so definitely consider that.
  • Options
    Interesting, never considered someone switching companies once in theatre. I guess my next question is obvious; aside from paying back bonuses or vacation hours, are you at all legally obligated to Vectrus? What keeps someone from saying "I quit!" once they are there - besides losing the bonus and tax benefits?
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    That's it. Lose the bonuses, pay your taxes, move on. They'll still call you for future jobs after a bit. :)
  • Options
    Actually, as long as you're still in theatre, you still get tax free status.
  • Options
    About ready to leave CRC. At this point I just want to get there and get started :)@NY, how's your process moving along?
  • Options
    wwalexander113wwalexander113 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    question, I have applied to a few positions with the vectrus company in Kuwait, and afghan area. do you know a timeline or a POC to check status. I heard getting in touch with a recruiter helps a lot.
  • Options
    vromeo11vromeo11 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yes...I have,,,,,currently waiting to go to Kuwait.

vic
  • Options
    Congrats Fulcrum! How far in advance was that? I've turned in my security documents and currently going through medical and dental (medical done today, dental last week). Moving along at a steady pace
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • Options
    @NY- my recruiter gave me 14 days notice. I just had enough time to turn in my notice. My work was pretty cool with it so it wasn't too bad. I got to CRC in Ft Bliss and wrapped that up in about 6 days. I'm in Kuwait at the moment waiting to get over to my final destination. Feels like it's taken forever though- just want to get there.