Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Bropez said:
    I cant tell if I'm just a moron or I google stuff wrong but I just cant seem to FIND these opportunities.  If im being honest Im like 99% sure the only reason I got in with Vectrus its because I was in with someone that works there right now.

It seems very competitive.  Like most of the time the jobs are posted after someone has already been selected.  I think Im probably boned until I finish my degree.  Im about to just try and find recruiters with the company im trying to apply to on LinkedIn and see if I cant get lucky. I applied to be a Janitor yesterday on a sub base so if Im somehow unqualified to mop floors I probably need a reality check  :tired_face:
    Google in some ways is the worst way to find these jobs. Clearance jobs is a great first start. Not sure if they post FMS jobs, possibly if there are ITAR requirements for the position. This one kind of found me, but I did see it posted on Gulf nations job website. 
    If you are interested in the Middle East, www.naukrigulf.com is a good one. Even Vectrus and a few other DoD contractors have started posting position on that site. 
    If you want other places, try country-specific indeed.com sites. I know they exist for South Korea and Japan. Just be aware many jobs will be posted in local languages. 
    You can also just check the websites of specific contractors themselves. They are frequently updating with new jobs, as new contracts get awarded and/or modded. Unfortunately contracts are also getting completed and cancelled and generally people on those contracts get dibs for other positions within the company. 

Finally, be persistent. It took me a while to find a job in the UAE. But it was worth it. 
  • Options
    balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    www.naukrigulf.com is great   also  www.gulfjobs.com 
  • Options
    www.gulftalent.com and bayt.com are also good ones. Bayt can be a bit tedious to set up but I swear I was getting contacted more from that site. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I  Like Bayte (home)   but I have only gotten fake company contacts and Targeted attacks though their site. 
  • Options
    BropezBropez Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is the process for places that arent combat zones the same?  The physical was basically like going back through MEPS and I was under the understanding we were getting issued TA50 and everything for Afghanistan.  If I land a job in Japan or South Korea do I need to do all that again? Still leave through CRC?
  • Options
    XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Bropez said:
    Is the process for places that arent combat zones the same?  The physical was basically like going back through MEPS and I was under the understanding we were getting issued TA50 and everything for Afghanistan.  If I land a job in Japan or South Korea do I need to do all that again? Still leave through CRC?
    CRC is typically only required for hazardous duty zones, but each organization you deal with will have different requirements. IT depends on what country you're looking at that will determine the physical requirements. Also depends on your position also, if you're armed etc etc. I've been to several places that don't require CRC for my field, but I'll notice other guys have to go through CRC.
    V/R

• Options
    Bropez said:
    For Japan and South Korea, or for Europe for that matter, it is very unlikely you will get any TA50, certainly not full TA50. I have heard some contractors getting some TA50 for Kuwait, but not for any of the other GCC countries. 
    As for medical, that depends on two things; the contract & contracting agency, and, the host country. Again neither Japan/South Korea/Europe will require a full MOD13 qualification. And SOFA probably means you will require minimal medical qualifications, though many places do require a basic physical at minimum; and often will include blood tests for HIV as well as chest X-rays. This may be in addition to what the program/contract/organization requires. 
  • Options
    that new Mod14  /15 Is very annoying 

and for Kuwait I did get full TA 50 
  • Options
    balance said:
    that new Mod14  /15 Is very annoying 

and for Kuwait I did get full TA 50 
    So I guess those over 70yos can't deploy anymore lol.

I've heard depending on which of the two big bases you go to, Camp Arifjan or Ali Al Salem Air Base, one is treated as a deployment, while the other is treated as more a garrison assignment. I know there are other smaller bases too in Kuwait but most government contractors I know worked on those two.

• Options
    For Clarification on Camp  AJ  you will need TA-50  and the Mod 14/15 is in effect.  There are waivers for several things but they take time and money to get completed. 
  • Options
    MJD75MJD75 Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any update on this thread?
  • Options
    teardrop92teardrop92 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Honestly, nothing. I’ve been waiting since Covid came. I’ve applied to numerous companies but most not budging for some reason other than the visa and then their is others whom went as far as crc and in Kuwait. It’s a crazy game . Just gotta be hopeful and patient 
  • Options
    I just got my interim clearance today and they are scheduling medical within the next 5 days. 
  • Options
    teardrop92teardrop92 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are you going to Kuwait or some place else in the ME? I’ll probably have to redo all mine (medical,etc) if I ever get the word that it’s “go time”. 
  • Options
    Sent you a message
  • Options
    jmoore0319jmoore0319 Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello, does anyone know how long Occu-Med keeps your medical and dental records? I went through the medical and dental process in 2019 but had to back out due to a family issue. Now I'm going through the process again and was wondering if they would still have those records or if they purge them after a year?
  • Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hello, does anyone know how long Occu-Med keeps your medical and dental records? I went through the medical and dental process in 2019 but had to back out due to a family issue. Now I'm going through the process again and was wondering if they would still have those records or if they purge them after a year?
    If it has been more than 90 days you have to redo all of your exams.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    If anyone is still hoping for Kuwait soon, get ready for a long wait:

Not sure if this impacts people transiting on "Freedom Bird" flights but would certainly affect being able to report to DoD jobs in Kuwait unless they're healthcare related.

• Options
    We will see if this affects the turn and burn flights in relation to Visa 14 ---> Visa 18 
  • Options
    Does anyone know if they have updated the Microsoft CE requirements list yet or when they will?
    I have everything else but the MCSA/MCSE since they are now retired and cannot take them. I have CASP+ CE which covers my baseline but my AZ-104 is not on the CE list. 
  • Options
    Depends on the company . Sometimes they can use a different certification to hold its place  (  for me I have used CISSP-ISSMP) .   I don't exactly know how it works.  You would be best to reach out to the contracting office of your company. 
  • Options
    emptyrowateyateemptyrowateyate Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    isiac316isiac316 Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anyone in OSP
    What is OSP?
  • Options
  • Options
    Anybody have info about dual citizens obtaining a security clearance?
  • Options
    You don't
    V/R

• Options
    Xepher said:
    You don't
    Meaning you cant obtain a security clearance if you are a dual citizen? There goes finding a job out there..
  • Options
    Xepher said:
    You don't
    Meaning you cant obtain a security clearance if you are a dual citizen? There goes finding a job out there..
    Honestly i'm not sure, it may be a case by case basis type of thing. I knew someone that had a dual and had her clearance revoked.
    V/R

• Options
    At one point, it was on a case by case basis. I knew a couple soldiers who were duals, one with UK and the other with France. They were duals for a long time, if not since birth. They were able to obtain at least a secret, and the dual US/French even a top secret clearance. This was in the early 1990s, but to my knowledge, it is still possible though no means guaranteed for duals to get clearance. Disclosure is critical, and of course depends on the second nationality - which may require one to renounce their 2nd citizenship - as well as past actions not having acted in contrary to US interests.

I found this below which probably explains way better than I can.

https://www.nationalsecuritylawfirm.com/security-clearance/reasons-denial-revocation/dual-citizenship/

• Options
    Its a bit confusing...its like its not possible but its possible