Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    MJD75 said:
    Anyone know about going to Baghdad, Iraq? 
    I just contacted my old team. Getting in and out of Iraq does not seem to be an issue at least for Department of State contractors. 
    And if anyone wants to move into IT management, they still haven't found anyone to take my last job, IT Manager in Baghdad, Iraq. If interested, PM me for details.
  • Options
    a3ga3g Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MJD75 said:
    Anyone know about going to Baghdad, Iraq? 
    I just contacted my old team. Getting in and out of Iraq does not seem to be an issue at least for Department of State contractors. 
    And if anyone wants to move into IT management, they still haven't found anyone to take my last job, IT Manager in Baghdad, Iraq. If interested, PM me for details.
    Check DM
  • Options
    WhiteMilkWhiteMilk Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited May 2021
    Can confirm what @LordQarlyn stated. People are getting in Iraq. 

As an FYI, as I've stated before (which is readily available  on national news channels), Americans are pulling out of Afghanistan. 

With that being said, people are going to other countries in the Middle East (cough cough). 

I would personally not recommend anyone apply for a Middle East IT position with Vectrus. Not trying to be a bad news bear, but I think it would be a waste of time. 

People that are the victim of this drawdown and going somewhere.... :#

• Options
    WhiteMilk said:

I would personally not recommend anyone apply for a Middle East IT position with Vectrus. Not trying to be a bad news bear, but I think it would be a waste of time. 

People that are the victim of this drawdown and going somewhere.... :#

I should also mention, but no names, a very toxic manager from my previous employer was fired, and he was picked up by Vectrus (go figure), so be aware of that. Yes he was very toxic and I have multiple confirmations he was picked up by Vectrus in Iraq.
  • Options
    WhiteMilkWhiteMilk Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited May 2021
    @LordQarlyn I would like to politely request you confirm, so nobody is getting the wrong impression. 

Can you confirm:

Did he go through CRC, in-process through Kuwait (Training, HR, CBT), sit at the gateway on Arifjan, then fly to Iraq? 

Can I assume he was an in country (Middle East)  hire?

I have seen in country hiring. Pre pandemic, that was almost unheard of with Vectrus. 
  • Options
    WhiteMilk said:
    @LordQarlyn I would like to politely request you confirm, so nobody is getting the wrong impression. 

Can you confirm:

Did he go through CRC, in-process through Kuwait (Training, HR, CBT), sit at the gateway on Arifjan, then fly to Iraq? 

Can I assume he was an in country (Middle East)  hire?

I have seen in country hiring. Pre pandemic, that was almost unheard of with Vectrus. 
    He was transferred in country, he didn't even leave Iraq. Whether he left for CRC or not after he came onboard, I don't know, but not likely. DoS contractors don't go through a CRC like process. He's not on the same FOB he was earlier. I feel bad if he was hired as deputy country manager, if there is a position with Vectrus, or a site manager. As you point out, during the pandemic, they are more inclined to take those in country rather than wait for CRC. 
    He liked to bully those under him, luckily that was not IT, but we butted heads a lot. He especially like to intimidate foreign national employees who thought they had no recourse. 
  • Options
    cool311cool311 Member Posts: 10 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What kind of salray does a Network Administrator make in Germany. I am wondering how much to ask for if offered a position.
  • Options
    cool311cool311 Member Posts: 10 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anyone know what the cost of living like in Germany?
  • Options
    If anyone is still interested in going to Iraq, and wants to move into IT leadership, here's the posting of my old job, 14 months on they haven't found anyone to fill it lol. If you're interested but not sure if you meet all the qualifications, go ahead and apply, considering how long it's been open, they may be flexible in getting the position filled.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/search/?currentJobId=2503506477&pivotType=jymbii

• Options
    Kenny23692Kenny23692 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just got scheduled for an interview for SA in Iraq. Maybe things are moving again??
  • Options
    MJD75MJD75 Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got offered a position in Baghdad with a different company for state department and it is a 8-10 week process to get an Iraq visa once you pass all requirements so expect 10-12 weeks from start to finish if not longer. I ended up getting a contract in Germany that I am in the process of relocating 
  • Options
    isiac316isiac316 Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just got scheduled for an interview for SA in Iraq. Maybe things are moving again??
    Lets hope i been waiting for over a year now
  • Options
    Kenny23692Kenny23692 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    isiac316 said:
    Where are you waiting to go?
  • Options
    Kenny23692 said:
    isiac316 said:
    Where are you waiting to go?

The same place
  • Options
    emptyrowateyateemptyrowateyate Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anyone got any update on kuwait? I just received an offer letter from vectrus
  • Options
    emptyrowateyate said:

It seems Kuwait is still not processing visas except for those in healthcare professions. Someone currently in Kuwait would probably have more current information.

https://gulfnews.com/world/gulf/kuwait/covid-19-kuwait-starts-issuing-entry-visas-for-foreign-healthcare-workers-1.79988906

• Options
    emptyrowateyate said:

It seems Kuwait is still not processing visas except for those in healthcare professions. Someone currently in Kuwait would probably have more current information.

https://gulfnews.com/world/gulf/kuwait/covid-19-kuwait-starts-issuing-entry-visas-for-foreign-healthcare-workers-1.79988906

Thank You
  • Options
    balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Correct  MOI  is not processing anything for non healthcare workers.  If I were you, I would keep looking for positions stateside . Don't sit around and wait. 
  • Options
    They offerred me a 48 hour work week, but OT rate dont kick in till after 48hrs..isnt it suppose to kick in after 40hrs?
  • Options
    They offerred me a 48 hour work week, but OT rate dont kick in till after 48hrs..isnt it suppose to kick in after 40hrs?
    In the US yes, but in Kuwait, their labor laws probably are 48 hours.
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    cool311 said:
    Anyone know what the cost of living like in Germany?
    Some contracts will pay your housing/living expenses while others won't. So it really depends on the company, but its not a cheap living here. Around $1,300/mo for a 1br apartment.

SOFA status gets you all kinds of benefits like paying US prices for gas, commissary/exchange access etc so make sure it's in the contract. 
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    M83CM83C Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was contracted by Vectrus for a resume I sent to them ~4 Months ago, went through all the medical/dental/security procedures for a position in Kuwait.  From the sound of it the Kuwait airports are opening up to customer travel the 1st of August.  Here's to hoping that my packet gets submitted through all the way and flights start happening
  • Options
    I also read somewhere Kuwait will be opening up on Aug 1st.  I am currently submitting all the paperwork. Last on my list are Medical exams and an IDP (which I had mailed out today, cuz we dont have any here)
  • Options
    MJD75MJD75 Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Even though they are lifting the travel ban it is only for people with vaccination record and a valid residency permit. Reading though these different links it sounds like they are not letting DoD countractors into the country that did not alreay have a valid visa or valid residency permit already.

https://kw.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

https://kw.usembassy.gov/june-24-2021-health-alert-updated-restrictions-on-expat-return-new-restrictions-on-entry-into-public-spaces/

https://gulfnews.com/world/gulf/kuwait/covid-19-no-change-in-decision-to-let-expats-travel-to-kuwait-on-august-1-1.80516928

• Options
    From what I understand ....You will not be able to enter Kuwait without a valid Visa 18 . So  you would hang out in the U.S.  until you Kuwait resident visa is approved . Then you would try to come into country.  

I believe it will looks something like this.

1. Start and complete process for Kuwait Visa18 
    2. CRC  to complete medical screening etc. 
    3. Deploy to Kuwait 
  • Options
    Are there different CRC locations?
  • Options
    Are there different CRC locations?

Sure ,  Uncle google says there are more than one ,   But  I believe that the Contractor Readiness Center ( CRC)  in Texas is the only one functional at the moment. 

https://home.army.mil/bliss/index.php/units-tenants/crc

• Options
    M83CM83C Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MJD75 said:
    Even though they are lifting the travel ban it is only for people with vaccination record and a valid residency permit. Reading though these different links it sounds like they are not letting DoD countractors into the country that did not alreay have a valid visa or valid residency permit already.

https://kw.usembassy.gov/june-24-2021-health-alert-updated-restrictions-on-expat-return-new-restrictions-on-entry-into-public-spaces/

https://gulfnews.com/world/gulf/kuwait/covid-19-no-change-in-decision-to-let-expats-travel-to-kuwait-on-august-1-1.80516928

I just got a call from Vectrus today with a flight date to Kuwait, looks like they're allowing contractors through?  Either that or ill be spending a lot of my time in limbo, admiring a waiting area somewhere
  • Options
    M83C said:
    MJD75 said:

I just got a call from Vectrus today with a flight date to Kuwait, looks like they're allowing contractors through?  Either that or ill be spending a lot of my time in limbo, admiring a waiting area somewhere
    Thats good to hear. Im waiting to deploy myself 
  • Options
    Congrats! It could be because you are a DoD contractor though previously Kuwait was not issuing or even allowing entry new contractors. If you haven't done so, already, make sure you get one of the MOI approved Covid19 vaccines. The GCC countries are sticklers for that, I know of people turned away from check in for not being vaccinated or even been vaccinated but not on that particular country's list of approved vaccines. 
    Hopefully it's not limbo lol.
     M83C said: