Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• M83CM83C Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! It could be because you are a DoD contractor though previously Kuwait was not issuing or even allowing entry new contractors. If you haven't done so, already, make sure you get one of the MOI approved Covid19 vaccines. The GCC countries are sticklers for that, I know of people turned away from check in for not being vaccinated or even been vaccinated but not on that particular country's list of approved vaccines. 
    Hopefully it's not limbo lol.
     M83C said:
    I just got a call from Vectrus today with a flight date to Kuwait, looks like they're allowing contractors through?  Either that or ill be spending a lot of my time in limbo, admiring a waiting area somewhere

I got my double Moderna when it was available in my age bracket which I believe covers it, hopefully should be all set there.  I was deployed to Kuwait twice before when I was there for actual military-related deployments, I wonder if my being there previously for almost two years might have had anything to do with it.
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    M83C said:
    I got my double Moderna when it was available in my age bracket which I believe covers it, hopefully should be all set there.  I was deployed to Kuwait twice before when I was there for actual military-related deployments, I wonder if my being there previously for almost two years might have had anything to do with it.
    Moderna counts. 
    As for the deployments, don't think they make a difference. But I don't know, someone currently in Kuwait probably can shed light on that. I'm curious when your flight is, if you are comfortable sharing that. 
    M83C said:
    Moderna counts. 
    As for the deployments, don't think they make a difference. But I don't know, someone currently in Kuwait probably can shed light on that. I'm curious when your flight is, if you are comfortable sharing that. 
    Not a date specifically, but it's the month of August when I'm scheduled to leave.
  • balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Here in Kuwait we are hearing..... Aug 1 2021 . 
    That's finally good news. I guess the Kuwait economy needs the boost lol. 
    Is anyone familiar with Greenville SC?  They are mentioning being sent there first for a bit before getting sent off to Kuwait, trying to determine if they're going to be out of the Donaldson Air Force base that's there or if it's somewhere else.  Trying to do my research.
  • emptyrowateyateemptyrowateyate Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They told me the same thing
    M83C said:
    Is anyone familiar with Greenville SC?  They are mentioning being sent there first for a bit before getting sent off to Kuwait, trying to determine if they're going to be out of the Donaldson Air Force base that's there or if it's somewhere else.  Trying to do my research.
    What position did u apply for?
    How long does it usually take to get a kuwait visa?
    How long does it usually take to get a kuwait visa?
    Under normal circumstance, not too long. It's a straight forward process for Americans. 
    With Covid still a concern, it's hard to say. 
    4 week turn around for me . But oddly enough I am headed back to the U.S.   getting bored here in Kuwait 
    Thanks. Thats all I am waiting for now
    Looks like the turn around is taking a bit longer.

im in Greenville now on Vectrus grounds doing the first week orientation and they’re talking about sending people back to their hor because visa’s for Kuwait aren’t sorted yet. I submitted all my visa documentation on the 7th last month. 
    M83C said:
    Looks like the turn around is taking a bit longer.

im in Greenville now on Vectrus grounds doing the first week orientation and they’re talking about sending people back to their hor because visa’s for Kuwait aren’t sorted yet. I submitted all my visa documentation on the 7th last month. 
    They did inform me about sending me home if visas arent ready. So i said lets just wait till the visas are ready, so i can hold my current job for now. I also submitted documentation last month.

I wont be going to greenville anymore though due to where I stay is OCONUS. My orientation will be somewhere else
    Any news on the kuwait visas?
  • XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Late reply, all the position people dmed me for got filled very rapidly.
    V/R

Any news on the kuwait visas?
    Looks like Vectrus was finally able to work something out with Kuwait, got a couple of email with my Visa and some exception letter information to deliver to Kuwait upon my arrival as well as my flight itinerary.  So hopefully if anyone is waiting in limbo for a Kuwait flight, shouldn't be waiting for much longer
  • DeadZitsDeadZits Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Now, I'm thinking of finding an overseas job and starting my life over again. 
    I will also be leaving soon
    DeadZits said:
    Now, I'm thinking of finding an overseas job and starting my life over again. 
    That was the reason I took deployed jobs in the first place lol.
  • MJD75MJD75 Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So Kuwait open again? 
  • stephiephiestephiephie Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does vectrus qatar now offers very low salary? They offer me a monthly salary of 600$ for a position of Fitness Center Clerk Lead.  :'( sad luh..
    Looking to go back to the ME  as soon as possible.   Getting bored here in the U.S. 
    balance said:
    Looking to go back to the ME  as soon as possible.   Getting bored here in the U.S. 
    That's why I never returned to the US. 
    balance said:
    I didn't think I would .  I had a position in Jordan lined up but I got greedy on the comp and turned it down . Looking back it would have been fun. 
  • SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    anyone had had luck with jobs jobs over there
    Speghetty said:
    anyone had had luck with jobs jobs over there
    Yes......
    balance said:
    balance said:
    I didn't think I would .  I had a position in Jordan lined up but I got greedy on the comp and turned it down . Looking back it would have been fun. 
    I agree Jordan would been good. Different too. You weren't being greedy, you were asking for fair compensation. The company got stingy.
  • kemoo86kemoo86 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

This is my first time posting here, I have been reading all the comments about Vectrus and need you guys help/thoughts.
    - I'm US citizen, born in Kuwait (I speak both Arabic and English). Currently working in the US
    - I have 17 years of experience in the Aviation industry, my expertise are more Flight Operations and Dispatching for private jets. No military experience
    - I have a Law degree (not from the US)
    - I would love to go back in Kuwait and work there, with my wife and 2 kids.
    - I have looked online alot for jobs and most the jobs in Kuwait are with Vectrus. I have applied to 3 and never heard back. some are senior level and some are entry level.
    - I have tried to connect with a recruiter on linked in and the answer that I got was "thank you for shearing" 
    - Any tips? Anybody knows a recruiter i can work with? my preference is Kuwait, but will work in Qatar, Bahrain or UAE
    - I heard mix numbers for the entry level positions salary in Kuwait? any ideas what the package would look like?
    - Is it possible to have my wife and kids with me? Can i pick the accommodation?
    Feedback, thoughts, comments? 

Thank you
  • Jr1984Jr1984 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I accept an offer in kuwait did all my medical and screening waiting on my naci does anyone know how long it take also they said we now go to SC Greenville any feedback.