Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

1707172737476»

Comments

• Options
    Jr1984Jr1984 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From what I heard alot of the IT position rolled over to five rivers check if you have luck with them.

kemoo86 said:
    Hello,

This is my first time posting here, I have been reading all the comments about Vectrus and need you guys help/thoughts.
    - I'm US citizen, born in Kuwait (I speak both Arabic and English). Currently working in the US
    - I have 17 years of experience in the Aviation industry, my expertise are more Flight Operations and Dispatching for private jets. No military experience
    - I have a Law degree (not from the US)
    - I would love to go back in Kuwait and work there, with my wife and 2 kids.
    - I have looked online alot for jobs and most the jobs in Kuwait are with Vectrus. I have applied to 3 and never heard back. some are senior level and some are entry level.
    - I have tried to connect with a recruiter on linked in and the answer that I got was "thank you for shearing" 
    - Any tips? Anybody knows a recruiter i can work with? my preference is Kuwait, but will work in Qatar, Bahrain or UAE
    - I heard mix numbers for the entry level positions salary in Kuwait? any ideas what the package would look like?
    - Is it possible to have my wife and kids with me? Can i pick the accommodation?
    Feedback, thoughts, comments? 

Thank you

• Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    kemoo86 said:
    Hello,

This is my first time posting here, I have been reading all the comments about Vectrus and need you guys help/thoughts.
    - I'm US citizen, born in Kuwait (I speak both Arabic and English). Currently working in the US
    - I have 17 years of experience in the Aviation industry, my expertise are more Flight Operations and Dispatching for private jets. No military experience
    - I have a Law degree (not from the US)
    - I would love to go back in Kuwait and work there, with my wife and 2 kids.
    - I have looked online alot for jobs and most the jobs in Kuwait are with Vectrus. I have applied to 3 and never heard back. some are senior level and some are entry level.
    - I have tried to connect with a recruiter on linked in and the answer that I got was "thank you for shearing" 
    - Any tips? Anybody knows a recruiter i can work with? my preference is Kuwait, but will work in Qatar, Bahrain or UAE
    - I heard mix numbers for the entry level positions salary in Kuwait? any ideas what the package would look like?
    - Is it possible to have my wife and kids with me? Can i pick the accommodation?
    Feedback, thoughts, comments? 

Thank you
    Hey, Vectrus may or may not have aviation related positions in Kuwait, assuming they still have LOGCAP contract for US military bases in Kuwait. With your qualifications though, you could probably get a senior flight operations job with a Gulf airline or at a GCC airport. It may not be Kuwait but honestly, in the other GCC countries you can have a better quality of life anyway. And unless you are deployed in a war zone (and no more Afghanistan leaving only a handful of positions in Iraq), the pay with Vectrus is nothing to write home about. You would need to broaden your search, and look for senior positions, as most expat jobs at entry, junior, and mid level are either filled by local nationals, or, more commonly, citizens from low or middle income countries, and almost no passport holder of a developed nation would accept those levels of compensation.
  • Options
    Has anyone had a call forward before ? 
  • Options
    XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Jr1984 said:
    what do you mean?
    V/R

• Options
    Anyone know the base or hourly for an ADSE? (active directory system engineer at SWA?)
    V/R

• Options
    MJD75MJD75 Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are you applying for it or did tou get an interview? 
  • Options
    Maybe applying, I just noticed they had several positions open.
    V/R

• Options
    Kenny23692Kenny23692 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dude this thread is over 8 years old. start a new one
  • Options
    Xepher said:
    Jr1984 said:
    what do you mean?
    I got called forward made it to Iraq 3 weeks ago. I never heard of that but they explained when they need a position filled immediately they do a call forward. 
  • Options
    dude this thread is over 8 years old. start a new one
    We keep it going!
    V/R

• Options
    Jr1984 said:
    Xepher said:
    Jr1984 said:
    what do you mean?
    I got called forward made it to Iraq 3 weeks ago. I never heard of that but they explained when they need a position filled immediately they do a call forward. 
    There is a base in Qatar closing, so many people moving to Kuwait/Iraq
    V/R

• Options
    MJD75MJD75 Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was there last year and heading back in a few weeks from Qatar. 
    This thread has good info for newbies and oldies can help with answers. 
  • Options
    w1retapw1retap Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Whats the pay looking like for ADPE or Sys Admin positions in Iraq nowadays?

I know it was around $28/hr a few years back for SysAdmin. Is it still sitting in that or is up it in the 30s now?
  • Options
    w1retap said:
    Whats the pay looking like for ADPE or Sys Admin positions in Iraq nowadays?

I know it was around $28/hr a few years back for SysAdmin. Is it still sitting in that or is up it in the 30s now?
    It's around there, not sure thought my systems friends are very secretive lol 
    V/R