Options

Easiest ISACA Exam?

CLE25CLE25 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,

I am working in public accounting within an IT Advisory group and am looking to take (and hopefully pass) the general consensus easiest ISACA exam from the list below. This is strictly for me to get a bonus and I am not as concerned with the long-term career implications. I am a CPA and passed the CISA with a pretty good score. Here are my options:

CISSP

Certified Information Systems Security Professional

CISM

Certified Information Security Manager

CIPP

Certified Information Privacy Professional

CGEIT

Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT

CRISCTM

Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control™

I could not find anything published online regarding passage rates for these exams, as they do with the CPA, bar examination, etc. Any input would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Of that list, only the CISM, CRISC, and CGEIT are ISACA. CISSP is ISC2, and the CIPP is IAPP.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    CLE25CLE25 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Of that list, only the CISM, CRISC, and CGEIT are ISACA. CISSP is ISC2, and the CIPP is IAPP.
    Sorry...

Aside from not having a firm grasp of the ISACA certifications, I feel like my question is still valid.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    From having read most all of the threads here, CISM seems to be the "easiest".
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    When deciding try to fit in those pesky "Am I qualified to sit for this exam at all" questions as well. Many have requirements including job related duties like actually being a Security Manager first (CISM).
  • Options
    GoodBishopGoodBishop Member Posts: 359 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CLE25 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I am working in public accounting within an IT Advisory group and am looking to take (and hopefully pass) the general consensus easiest ISACA exam from the list below. This is strictly for me to get a bonus and I am not as concerned with the long-term career implications. I am a CPA and passed the CISA with a pretty good score. Here are my options:

CISSP

Certified Information Systems Security Professional

CISM

Certified Information Security Manager

CIPP

Certified Information Privacy Professional

CGEIT

Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT

CRISCTM

Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control™

I could not find anything published online regarding passage rates for these exams, as they do with the CPA, bar examination, etc. Any input would be much appreciated!
    I have taken and passed all of those exams. Specifically from the ISACA ones (and keep in mind, this is my opinion), the CRISC was the easiest (out of CISM, CGEIT, and CRISC). If you include CISSP and CIPP, the easiest out of all of the five is the CIPP.

Judging where you are, I would suggest either the CRISC or the CGEIT. The CRISC is more hot, while the CGEIT might be more useful in your field.
  • Options
    riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mirror Mirror!!!!
    I cannot think that you will find a definite list of easiet to hardest sequence of exams. It all depends upon your prior knowledge. If you have passed CISA, then you will find CISM pretty easier. For CISSP you need to cover 8 domains of heavy weight knowledge areas. CGEIT will be compicated for you as it is very situation and almost 80% are based upon scenario untill and unless you have played CIO role. So get hold of CISM Manul and Q&A database and apply for September registration. For June, Today is Your Last Chance to Register for a June Certification Exam, just received this email from ISACA.