Options

Does anyone know?

MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
I have two 1tb Seagate goflex desk external drives and I am trying to figure out which physical hard drive they put in these things without tearing the cases apart, so I figured I would ask you guys if one of you have torn one of these apart in the past?
Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.

Comments

• Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    In windows, while you have the drive plugged in, just run this from command line: wmic diskdrive get model,name,size. It'll show all of your disks but you should be able to narrow it down from there.
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    It just shows goflex, with no model number, but I did finally track the model numbers of the actual drive they use. Seagate as with many other companies have an interface on them that does not display actual model number of the Hard Drive, just the size, I needed to know the speed, cache and such to see if the ones I have are matched, in size, rotation and performance.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.