Options

WGU Graduate

anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello everyone. I just received word that my IT Capstone Project passed so I'm now a WGU graduate. I was in the regular IT Emphasis. I just wanted to let everyone on this great forum know how much I've appreciated the encouragement along the way. There are so many great people here. I won't say names as there's too many to name and I'll forget them all lol. I started WGU in June of 2013 and transferred in an Associate of Science for about 37 credits. It was a long road. I failed some assessments along the way and got discouraged sometimes, but getting encouragement from this great forum always helped me get over the hump. I knew that if I kept working at it I'd eventually pass. I also recently got a new job about 3 weeks ago at a great investment firm with a 55% pay increase. I'll be working with VMware, Veeam, EVault, Dell Sonicwalls, Juniper switches, and Windows Server 2008/2012. This forum is certainly a great resource. Thanks again everyone!

Comments

• Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on completing your degree! Best of luck in your new career!
  • Options
    Thanks @H3||scr3am! I really appreciate it!
  • Options
    dannykydannyky Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice, onward and updward to a better career. icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Can't wait to be in the same situation
  • Options
    aspiringsoulaspiringsoul Member Posts: 314
    Congrats!

This forum is a wonderful resource. As a matter of fact, I would not have learned about my current job had it not been for another forum member who posted about the opening.

Good luck to you.
    Education: MS-Information Security and Assurance from Western Governors University, BS-Business Information Systems from Indiana Wesleyan University, AAS-Computer Network Systems - ITT Tech,
  • Options
    Thanks @EngRob and @aspiringsoul for the kind words!
  • Options
    thegreatbelowthegreatbelow Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

I will say it's post like these that encourage me...

I am also trying to graduate from WGU. From the resources here I have already knocked out about 75% of what I need to graduate for the Network Admin emphasis... and I haven't even started a term at WGU. I used cert coupons, straighterline (for core classes) and the transcript evaluation provided by WGU to figure out what I needed to get done on my own time.

Basically I will end up paying 1/3rd of the cost and graduating in 1/3rd of the time. I thank you all for the knowledge and motivation to keep going... every time I see a post with "Passed" or "Graduated" it makes me work that much harder.
  • Options
    Thanks @thegreatbelow.

That's awesome that you'll have that much of your degree completed going in to WGU. You'll save a bunch of money that way and you'll probably finish in less than 1 term. And I agree the people on this forum motivate me to do my best each and every day.
  • Options
    JamesKurtovichJamesKurtovich Member Posts: 195
    I'm starting this journey next month with 25 credits going in. Thank you for the encouragement and congratulations on graduating.
  • Options
  • Options
    tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!. Looking forward to starting WGU April 1st.
  • Options
    ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    TR4V1STYTR4V1STY Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    LordSevink wrote: »
    I'm starting this journey next month with 25 credits going in. Thank you for the encouragement and congratulations on graduating.
    Congrats!. Looking forward to starting WGU April 1st.

I also am starting April 1st... looks like the race is on boys! may the best man/woman win

Congrats BTW to the OPicon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif:)
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on graduating! Good luck with the new job!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    Congratulations !!!!
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • Options
    Thanks a lot everyone!
  • Options
    nsternster Member Posts: 231
    Do you have any future plans in terms of certs?
  • Options
    I'll probably go for the MCSA as I'll be working a lot more with Windows Server 2008/2012 and then later on maybe the VCP. I'm also working with Powershell at the moment as we're trying to automate some things so I should be pretty busy.
  • Options
    floridafunfloridafun Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Way to go
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! I hope to post my graduation thread next weekend! :D
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on your degree!! Way to go icon_thumright.gif

I'll be following right behind you as I only have six classes left..
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I look forward to you guys finishing your degrees as well!
  • Options
    CaiyenneCaiyenne Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on completing your degree! This is very encouraging.
  • Options