Options

Start studying for CCENT/CCNA on Monday advice

ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
On Monday I start studying for my CCENT/CCNA. My plan is to take the 2 test vs the 1 test, I'm thinking that route would be a little less stressful. However, i would like to list the resources that I have and would like for those who have passed the CCENT/CCNA to offer suggestions on anything else I might need or if anything I have needs to be ignored.

Lab: 3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 2x Cisco 2950 Switchs and Cisco 3560 PoE Switch

Videos: CBT Nuggest, Chris Bryant and INE (I have the videos for both ICND1 and 2)

Books: CCENT and CCNA by Chris Bryant as well as CCNA in 60 days by Paul William Browning. All of these are in Kindle format.

Study Time: 2 hrs a night M-F and 3 to 4 hours on Sunday. Saturday is family day, so i take that day off.

Thanks in advance for any advice and opinions.
2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!

Comments

• Options
    chanttchantt Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can do the CCENT without any real lab equipment. GNS3/PT is sufficient.

I used Todd Lammle's ICND1 book along with CBT Nuggets and Chris Bryant's videos. I took notes during the videos and ended up buying Chris Bryant's book off Amazon which is basically the video series in text format.

2 hours a day is plenty. You should be able to do CCENT in a month at that rate, depending on your prior knowledge and experience.

You definitely have all the right materials and equipment. If you're combining multiple sources to study from, just align the topics. Get the different perspectives and LAB! LAB LAB! to solidify the concepts.
    Studying for the 200-101 ICND2 exam. Shooting for early June.
  • Options
    EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Found a hidden gem on the internet that creates generated labs, it's a useful way to keep batting them down until it becomes second nature to breathing.

Home | CCNA Practice

Good luck!
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius