ICND2 booked for 3/18 Let's hope for the best

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well after studying over my spring break (glad I did also) I have book my ICND2 exam for 3/18. I only have to cover for theory WAN connectivity, EIGRP, and OSPF sections (same with CBTNuggets) Not going to party on St. Patrick's day haha. I feel ok about the material. I have been using the Paul Browning ICND2 book. Just covered the theory and used CBTNuggets videos also. I am hoping to pass but you never know with Cisco. My PearsonVUE center at my school's last day for testing is 3/18 and they only have 1 day a week opened in April then I graduate. I really want to knock this out this time. Also because I have a few vouchers for this test, some are expiring soon and I might as well use them or lose them. Going to be reviewing CBTNuggets and Paul Browning's book and taking my Boson practice exams and taking it then. I think the score is 825 to pass but not sure. Whatever happens happens. Not the end of the world just will need to prepare more if I need to rebook it in April at my school's PearsonVUE.

Comments

• EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm taking mine on the 19th! The last week of a cert prep feels quite satisfying, even though it's ICND2 it's quite a milestone for me :D Best of luck!
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    You'll be aces pal. Mine is scheduled on 3/20. PM me if you want to join a study group. Let's network this week.
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well I took it today and failed. Got 788 and needed 825 to pass. It sucks after I just passed ICND1 about 2 weeks ago. Well I have it rebooked for April 8th. Lets hope next time I pass it. Going to be using my practice exams next time for sure.
  • siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    Well I took it today and failed. Got 788 and needed 825 to pass. It sucks after I just passed ICND1 about 2 weeks ago. Well I have it rebooked for April 8th. Lets hope next time I pass it. Going to be using my practice exams next time for sure.

Sorry to hear, so damn close... Did you do well on the simulations?
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching
    I think I did. 3 in total and 53 total questions on my exam. The sim on OSPF was fine. I had a sim on EIGRP that I think I did crappy on. Some questions I had were about Frame Relay that didn't turn out well. One with Switchport port security with syslog/SNMP. I also messed up on a question with Split Horizon, Route Poisoning etc. I hated their definitions and they were just odd. Other then that, things went ok I thought (obviously not). Just have to tackle it next time on April 8th. Paul Browning is accurate with what Cisco has on their tests with show commands. I know that ICND2 was easier then ICND1 for sure. When I took ICND1 the first time I did crappy like 600. This was the first time taking ICND2 and I didn't lab much at all just read Paul Browning theory and watched CBTNuggets. I also flew through the test with around 25mins remaining. Maybe if I slowed down a bit, I may have passed. It is not the end of the world it is just a fact of life. You pass some and fail some. Can't be a master at everything. At least I know what I need to work on. At least my speed is good on the exam.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That sucks but you know what to expect now. I felt more time pressure on the ICND2. I had two minutes left when I finished it.

Good Luck on the next try!
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear/read (near palindrome!) kMastaFlash! Good luck on your next attempt. I'm sure you got it this time!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
    Thanks guys. This is a good forum for support when crap hits the fan. But I passed ICND1 on the 5th so only 12 days of studying Paul Browning, CBTNuggets, and no labbing and almost passing missed by 37 points I can't really be upset (besides losing $144 for the exam). Sure my confidence may go down a little but not a lot. I know that it only gets worse when CCNP comes into play. I am going to retake it in 22 days. I think all that time should give me enough time to read Todd Lammle's book for ICND2 and work on my simulator software/practice exams.
  • chanttchantt Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Why did you book the ICND2 so soon without affording yourself a healthy amount of time to actually know the material instead of memorize and forget?
    Studying for the 200-101 ICND2 exam. Shooting for early June.