Options

CCIE Security Cert preparation

prathap2@yahoo.comprathap2@yahoo.com Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am looking into CCIE Security certification. I came across a Cisco publication by Henry Benjamin. Is that a good book for written examination? Are there any CCIEs, who have used this book before? or any books for that matter. If you can offer some help in getting started...

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    prathap2@yahoo.comprathap2@yahoo.com Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any suggestions on getting my CCIE security written exam?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The book list for the CCIE Security Track is posted on the Cisco Web Site.
    http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/security/book_list.html
    The Blueprints for both the written and lab exams are available as links on the right hand side of the page.

I haven't gone through the exam/lab blueprints yet to compare against the contents of the books, but I have looked at the Benjamin book. The first 3 chapters are networking/Cisco review. Chapters 4-7 seem to cover material that I would expect to be on the CCIE Security written. Chapter 8 is long and Lab related.

The Cisco Press Exam Certification Guides seem to be the books to use as preparation for the exams, if you've already acquired the knowledge elsewhere (usually from the topic books that are part of the Self-Study Series).

I did check out the customer reviews on Amazon -- 4 star average out of 69 reviews.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    I am looking into CCIE Security certification. I came across a Cisco publication by Henry Benjamin. Is that a good book for written examination? Are there any CCIEs, who have used this book before? or any books for that matter. If you can offer some help in getting started...

Thanks in advance.

It has been a while since I took my CCIE Security Written....(I actually let it expire....for now). But, when I took it, I did use the book that you mentioned. It is a good book. I also had all the Cisco Press books for the CCSP track.....along with all the Bosons for that track. I am sure you could do the same now, but I would make sure you can speak to everything in the blueprint. This was probably one of the top two most difficult cisco "written" exams that I have taken. I am not looking forward to taking it again. I needed a 70 and got a 70...hahaha.

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA