2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
"Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What a pile of chit.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    IE was on the failboat a long time ago and sinking, Microsoft just had the bilge pumps on max to keep it afloat....
  • Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That article is almost a year old! IE6's end of life was in April 2014.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    ChadiusChadius Member Posts: 313 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Why do they keep using Halo references for tech they have. Cortana for Windows phones, and now Project Spartan? lol
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That article is almost a year old! IE6's end of life was in April 2014.

Sorry. Wrong link:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/microsoft-is-killing-off-the-internet-explorer-113874075974.html
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'm viewing this webpage with Internet Explorer.
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I guess this image needs updating

• Options
    GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    Getting more impressed with MS. Thanks to the new CEO and with Balmer gone! Win 10 is pretty snappy. I just wonder how large enterprises that are stuck with ActiveX controls for internal use are going to react (due to IE reliance)?
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    GForce75 wrote: »
    Getting more impressed with MS. Thanks to the new CEO and with Balmer gone! Win 10 is pretty snappy. I just wonder how large enterprises that are stuck with ActiveX controls for internal use are going to react (due to IE reliance)?

Well I know from a System Administrator standpoint IE controls with GPM hopefully will get better. Policy management with IE sucks ass...
  • Options
    GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    Deathmage wrote: »
    Well I know from a System Administrator standpoint IE controls with GPM hopefully will get better. Policy management with IE sucks ass...

Good point. They are probably going to take some time on this with Win 10 being focused on the consumer. Anything to save an admin time, frustration, and simplicity is always great. But then again, another Windows Admin told me "due to the problems with Microsoft, I always have a job".
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT