Options

ICND1 book published in 2013?

JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
I see Todd Lamle has a book published in 2013 for the ICND1 exam but I'm not sure if there is a newer version out there.

A book being nearly 2 years old makes me second guess the material. Maybe I'm being a dongle about it and should get it.

Wouldnt the CCNA book be a better option considering I'll be taking both ICND1 and 2 anyway to get CCNA certified?

WGU started back up in May and I want to get a head start as I'll be tackling those exams first, plus the network+ right afterward.

Can anyone link me to a book via Amazon? I want to purchase one for my kindle.

Anything anyone one highly recommends.

Comments

• Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Does it say 100-101 or 640-822 on it? The new exam (100-101) was released in 2013, so it could be for the current version.

[EDIT] Amazon lists the publishing date of the current version as August 12, 2013. That makes sense as they were pretty quick to get books out for the new exams when they updated the CCNA. The OCG was released the same day as the test if I remember correctly and Lammle's wasn't too far behind.

http://www.amazon.com/CCENT-Study-Guide-100-101-ICND1/dp/1118749685/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1426649078&sr=8-3&keywords=Lammle+100-101
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ICND 1 & 2 changed in 2013. I just bought Todd's book today. I got the one that covers both ICND 1 & 2.

CCNA Routing and Switching Study Guide: Exams 100-101, 200-101, and 200-120: Todd Lammle: 9781118749616: Amazon.com: Books
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    Nice thanks!
    In the past I bought a book on a different exam and a month or two later they changed the exam icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Jasiono wrote: »
    Nice thanks!
    In the past I bought a book on a different exam and a month or two later they changed the exam icon_sad.gif

That seems to happen to me every time I start studying for an exam.

CCNA: R&S -- Cisco updated the exam towards the end of my studies. I finished 2 months before the deadline.
    CCNP: R&S -- Cisco updated the exam in the middle of my studies. I took 2 of the old exams and 1 of the new exams (I could've beat the deadline for all 3, but the new SWITCH exam looked like a better option).
    CCNA: Voice -- Once again, I start studying for a certification to have Cisco announce they were replacing the Voice specialization with Collaboration. Fortunately, I have until August 14 which is plenty of time.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Same, I was in the middle of my ICND1 study when realizing cisco was a few days past their announced update. Had to start from scratch, I actually found it very interesting to read about some of the older protocols that are no longer in use. I actually picked up the IBM TCP/IP book to read about protocols such as ATM for an insight in how it all got started.
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • Options
    I actually have that book! I just found it in my stash of books that I saved the PDF version on my computer of. The physical book is around somewhere but I have a folder on my computer with all my PDF books that came with the PDF on a cd. I put them on my iPad generally.

Whew, saves me from spending extra money on it :D
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Jasiono wrote: »
    Whew, saves me from spending extra money on it :D

Never a bad thing.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!