Options

Taking CCNA today..really reallly nervous.....

kenny504kenny504 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 ■■□□□□□□□□
Wish me luck fam. I am about to sit ......the CCNA and although i'm scared i believe i have it together. wish me luck!

-kenny
There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.

Comments

• Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    My best advice is to stay as calm as possible before and during the exam. Before the exam, relax and regurgitate the important stuff onto the scratch board. Don't freak out coz it might make the difference. It's not a question of do or die anyway and theres always a second chance. Finally remember the little steam engine "I think i can"
    Last but not least Good luck icon_wink.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!

I hope you're up early after a good nights sleep... and not up late cramming, unless your test is late afternoon and you're planning to sleep in...

Relax, take a few deep breaths....
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    NoodsNoods Member Posts: 168
    At this point, give it a once over then stop studying. The best thing to do at this point is relax. I remember feeling like I was gonna throw up right before I took my CCNA. Relax so you are in the right state of mind during the test. Good luck!
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    GOOD LUCK......relax, you can do it
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    hope am not 2 late.......hope ya remember 2 ask the father's blessings...
  • Options
    Well...... is it too soon to ask how you did?
  • Options
    Thanks everybody, woke up early yesterday and recieved a call from the testing centre ..stating something about ..the examination software didnt download properly so it was post- poned for today.....thanks to all for the encouragement, as soon as iget my results i'll post it.

-kenny
    There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.
  • Options
    just informing everyone that i failed the exam (ccna)....which should really be called the switches ewam..because literallly almost every 1 and 6 or so question were pertaining to switches or vlans or vpn....cud u belive not even much on routing protocols...or routers alone??/....anyway its passable and i must say that and it was a learning experience for me. as long as you hv the right study materials u shud pass it with ease.....unlike me i had no good up to date study materials...terrrible blow hey?/?...anyway thanks for all the encouregemnt guys...i gues its back to alll drawing board naw.....SWITCHES, SWITCHES.......SWITCHES. ohh yeah and the subnettin questions were a breeze....and NONE on ipx or novell so i think you should capitilize on switches IMHO.

-kenny
  • Options
    sartsart Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Now you're prepared for next time. The general looks of it here is that a lot of people fail the first time and ace it the second time because they know how Cisco asks questions afterward.

Most of my exam was on switching too.. EIGRP was quizzed a few times but I think it's because I missed two questions. (I think I lost -25 for each EIGRP question and that's it). I had some VLSM, *Very* few ethernet-ish questions.

Totally spend your time learning VTP, ISL, dot1q... Trunking, STP, RSTP.
    Commit everything to memory.
    I was pretty surprised at the amount of switching they pour on you, when in the real world most switches just configure themselves properly. They need to concentrate more on the IP routing and troubleshooting.
    -network analyst
  • Options
    kenny504 wrote:
    should really be called the switches ewam.
    icon_sad.gif Sorry...

But don't forget that there is a big pool of questions. It would be nice if they were consistant and did x% routing and y% switching and only (1/(x+y))% tricky questions... but I don't think that they do. Next test could be the router exam...

Good luck on your next shot!! You know what you need to do icon_study.gif
  • Options
    bout2kbout2k Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kenny504,

I'm sorry to hear that you failed the exam. Better luck next time. What study material did you use? What did you end up scoring on the exam?

Thank You
    What happens in the cloud, stays in the cloud! - Jeremy Cioara
  • Options
    Thats tru...the exam topics do fluctuate.....i ended up scoring a 650 and used computerprep exam books provided by my testing centre and **** also.....**** is good by the way.....butall i studied were 1900 switches and they had another series of switches on the exam....anyway thanks for all the coments.