• Options
    zme783zme783 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Materials using for prep:
    Shon Harris AIO
    Eric Conrad 11th hour
    Ccure.org quiz engine
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Shon Harris if your really unfamiliar with the material. Conrad if your an experienced practitioner. Find whatever quiz book works for you. Some do not find flash cards or quiz books to be all that useful. I am much the opposite. I train for time and less on knowledge, believe it or now. Everyone is different and has different learning styles than the next.

When your bored of reading, studying and reviewing - your ready.

- b/eads
  • Options
    Thank you B/eads, I am currently in mock exam phase, reviewing the questions from Shon Harris AIO, Eric Conrad and CCure Quiz Engine, I am scoring within 80% or above. As of today completed 1) BCP 2) Physical Security 3) Ops Sec. Scores are decent and I have exhausted all the questions for these 3 domains from the test engine.

Please do advice if I am doing anything incorrect.
  • Options
    GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    Be careful with the CCC. Classmates I know practiced and maintained a 90% and failed the exam. I did not use the test engines, I just studied the Shon Harris book (her book can be overkill at times) along with the 11th Hour; along with her voice and video files. Check out Shon Harris practice book. Some of the tricky questions will help you embrace the difficulty of the exam. CCC came nowhere close. Best of luck brother!
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • Options
    Thank you for the suggestion!

Apart from CCC, I am using the below link as part of my practice questions:

Elsevier: conrad: CISSP Study Guide Practice Exams

and Link from McGraw Hill

McGraw-Hill Education | CISSP Practice Exams

Please do suggest, if I need to change any as I have very little time.
  • Options
    Had practiced the questions previously and was confident with the concept, now when I re do the CCC questions, I am not scoring well.

Any suggestion on way to quickly revise chapters? As my exam date is April 10th.

Please help
  • Options
    Scoring 75% and above in CCCure mock tests and understanding the questions from McGraw Hill links.

Thoughts are arising as days are passing, oh man, will I make it through? icon_sad.gif

Please suggest!
  • Options
    I know this may sound really odd, but I used a Mind Map program on my MAC. As I was reading, I constructed branches. This forced me to think things through. I did it combonation of the Shon Harris Video and Audio. You will be ok as long as you spend more time COMPREHENDING the Material rather than constantly testing... which does not really make you learn. I studied only for two weeks and passed, but that was due to just hearing her audio everywhere, constant video usage, and forcing myself to think everything through. Something doesn't make sense, wiki and youtube some stuff. But aside from the technical stuff, ensure that you understand the business aspect of things because you have to make tough decisions based on what state you are in the SDLC, a project, and etc. You will feel like crap until you take the test and will feel like you will fail when you finish the test. Just keep pushing it and spend the last of your time studying HARD. Best of luck!
  • Options
    ChuzpahChuzpah Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GForce75 wrote: »
    I know this may sound really odd, but I used a Mind Map program on my MAC. As I was reading, I constructed branches. This forced me to think things through. I did it combonation of the Shon Harris Video and Audio. You will be ok as long as you spend more time COMPREHENDING the Material rather than constantly testing... which does not really make you learn. I studied only for two weeks and passed, but that was due to just hearing her audio everywhere, constant video usage, and forcing myself to think everything through. Something doesn't make sense, wiki and youtube some stuff. But aside from the technical stuff, ensure that you understand the business aspect of things because you have to make tough decisions based on what state you are in the SDLC, a project, and etc. You will feel like crap until you take the test and will feel like you will fail when you finish the test. Just keep pushing it and spend the last of your time studying HARD. Best of luck!

GForce75, do you use Mindmap by Odessa by chance? I have the entire ConceptDraw suite which includes the MindMap program. I think your idea is great and will try it myself. As I watch the CBTNuggets and ITProTV videos I have been taking a lot of notes to reinforce understanding. I also have been listening to the Shon Harris lectures that came with the CISSP practice question book.

zme783, also have been scoring badly with the CCCure practice tests 70ish percent range as well. I think the McGraw Hill tests are even better. Got some off the wall questions about COBIT that made me tear into the Shon Harris book some more. Good luck with the exam.
  • Options
    vmaddelavmaddela Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im taking the exam on 9th. Has anyone used the quiz on AIO********.com or AIO*********.com ? They have over thousand questions. Im not really sure if the answers are correct for those questions. Is cccure really necessary? I'm just doing the test from shon harris book , CD, McGrawhill Online and Elsevier. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • Options
    McGraw Hill questions part 2 question set and shon Harris questions from the back of book are almost similar. It's a good mix of study.

Few hv recommended ccure and few hv not, I am using ccure questions as practice.

At times concept wise hv to redo the portion from book for better understanding as terms like "NOT" "MOST LIKELY" adds confusion.

Elimination of incorrect answers is another key we can use based on conceptual knowledge we posses.

From my study point
    1) Shon Harris practice test found at back of AIO, including quick summary
    2) Eric Conrad 11th hour
    3) Cccure practice questions
    4) McGraw Hill questions
    5) practice questions from 11th hour

Doing my best! Hope it works well.
  • Options
    Scared icon_sad.gif

Just a week and unfortunate, not getting leave from work.

Dunno how it wil go
  • Options
    Will Redo the below
    1) Shon Harris practice test found at back of AIO, including quick summary
    2) Eric Conrad 11th hour
    3) Cccure practice questions
    4) McGraw Hill questions
    5) practice questions from 11th hour

Hope I can get this completed by Thursday.

Any advice, Suggestion, help, or guidance, most welcomed.

Please Help
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Here's what my final week of study was like (I posted this on sbilal's thread):

During my final week of study, I used the MGH practice exams to test my knowledge of each domain. If I didn't pass I took it again. I tried to do about 2 - 3 domains per day. Before I went to bed, I would use Total Tester practice exams selecting approx 50 questions. I was scoring over 80% by this time. I went through AIO and CBK one last time only looking at diagrams to have that mental snapshot of the concepts. I completed the Sunflower pdf also. I used vacation time the day before the exam to study all day. I used Total Tester and knocked out 250 questions in 2 -3 hours. Went out for lunch then then another 100 questions in an hour. I got halfway through the combined notes that day as well.

I made sure not to stay up late studying the last two nights before the exam because I needed the rest. I was pushing myself for weeks leading up to the exam and I didn't want to feel fatigue during the actual test.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    Thank you for the share!

Can you share me the sunflower PDF? or the link please?
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    http://www.kilala.nl/Sysadmin/Images/CISSP_Summary_V1.1.pdf

here it is :D best of luck on your exam, let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    Sorry for being late on this. It was MindNode Pro on the mac app store.
  • Options
    kvponkshekvponkshe Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello ZME,
    All the best for the exam!!
    I am giving on 13 th of April but since not scoring well in cccure (70-76 % ) thinking for reschedule !! icon_sad.gif . I am using cccure / CISSP study guide, AIO. Few of my friends said that the questions in cccure are very simple & straightforward comparing with exam. They suggested me to use Trancend Quiz. Any suggestions on this ?
  • Options
    papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    kvponkshe wrote: »
    Hello ZME,
    All the best for the exam!!
    I am giving on 13 th of April but since not scoring well in cccure (70-76 % ) thinking for reschedule !! icon_sad.gif . I am using cccure / CISSP study guide, AIO. Few of my friends said that the questions in cccure are very simple & straightforward comparing with exam. They suggested me to use Trancend Quiz. Any suggestions on this ?

How are you doing with the questions in the AIO book? Those are some very good questions. I would definitely invest in Transcender and use it to drill for the next 2 weeks.
  • Options
    i barley used cccure and was getting 50's and said screw this (like i used for one day). studied the material and passed because i think in some cases, the passing of the questions create a false sense of confidence or can create anxiety in not meeting certain expectations. Papadoc's point is valid also, but boils down to who you are.
  • Options
    mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    I used transcender the first time and failed. Trancenders gave me a false sense of security because all I was doing was remembering the answers from taking the tests repeatedly , not the concepts needed to pass the test.

Switched over to CCCURE and was able to grasp the material better. The CCCURE Q/A format was harder then the real exam.
    Really does boil down to which format allows one to understand the material and interpret the concepts.
  • Options
    Do we have any negative markings for incorrect answers?

Closer to exam date, forgetting what I have studied, as of now revising the domains all over again.

I am in the last set up for the exam and not sure if I will be able to pull this off.
  • Options
    mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    zme783 wrote: »
    Do we have any negative markings for incorrect answers?

Closer to exam date, forgetting what I have studied, as of now revising the domains all over again.

I am in the last set up for the exam and not sure if I will be able to pull this off.

You are able to flag the questions you want review while taking the test.
    when you complete the test, the test proctor will give you a pass-fail report.

Its either congratulations or the dreaded "thanks for playing, try again".
    The fail report will give you markings of which domains you need to work on.
  • Options
    Need advice as I am using the below as the reference for revision.
    1) Sunflower PDF
    2) Eric Conrad 11th Hour
    3) Shon Harris Questions
    4) McGraw Hill questions
    5) CCCUre

Please advice..... :-&
  • Options
    Thank you for the input, got my answer. :)