Comptia Cloud + or cloud essentials

ialafrozialafroz Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello folks,

could someone please provide a quick explanation on what is the main difference between these two certifications?, the idea is to select the most appropriate for my job. Right now I am in the IT security field.

Regards.

Comments

• nsternster Member Posts: 231
    Cloud Essentials is too basic and not worth your time
  • ialafrozialafroz Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nster wrote: »
    Cloud Essentials is too basic and not worth your time

good enough :)

Thank you.
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    not to mention that cloud+ is a Continuing Education certification (keep it updated with other certificationas) and it's only $50 on ProctorU right now.

Cloud essentials is a lifetime certification but it's a more basic introduction to the cloud, and it's more then $50...
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm going through a cloud essentials CBT with pluralsight/trainsignal. It seems like stuff that's good to know for someone with limited cloud experience. I don't know that it would add value to a resume.
  • balcobullsbalcobulls Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed my cloud + exam in late March. If you are going to go for the Cloud + you are very limited on study material. The only real trustworthy book is CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Study Guide (Exam CV0-001) by wilson and stammer. I would also advise you to google a few things cloud as well to learn the lingo a little better. The book covers about 90% of the test in my opinion.
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    balcobulls wrote: »
    I just passed my cloud + exam in late March. If you are going to go for the Cloud + you are very limited on study material. The only real trustworthy book is CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Study Guide (Exam CV0-001) by wilson and stammer. I would also advise you to google a few things cloud as well to learn the lingo a little better. The book covers about 90% of the test in my opinion.

Correct... X2
  • mcttrainermcttrainer Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ialafroz,

As both a Cloud+ and Cloud Essentials trainer, I'll give you a brief reply to your question.

Cloud Essentials is designed for IT Executives (CIO, IT Director, IT Manager) who are knowledgeable about IT but may not necessarily be a boots-to-the-ground technician or administrator. These individuals are decision makers who must decide whether or not to invest in cloud computing. As a result, this exam is less technical than Cloud+. It also contains more business-oriented questions that Cloud+ lacks.

Cloud+ is designed for IT Technicians. Think of it as, sort of, a basic Network+ with a lot of cloud computing and virtualization mixed in. Its more technical than Cloud Essentials thus it favors technicians and administrators.

In short, if you're a tech, I recommend Cloud+. If you're more of an IT executive-type, I recommend Cloud Essentials.

Good luck!

-MCTTrainer