Options

CISSP to CISM?

mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just passed the CISSP exam this morning, pretty stoked about that.

I'm planning on signing up for the June CISM exam in the next few days.

Does anybody have any tips or advice for going from the CISSP to CISM? Is it a very big jump? What should I focus on?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
In Progress: ​Not sure...

Comments

• Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Had an official review book when I was going to take it...Seems pretty easy
  • Options
    GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    Great job brother! I was think about the same thing... but is it more or does the whole concept of how you test look confusing. The fact you do not get your results right away is crazy.... but I think it's worth taking the exam. I have a hectic schedule to take the test in June. I talked to people about the exam and how do people look at it versus CISSP?
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • Options
    rx8blurx8blu Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Here is my take on the differences. The CISSP is very intense and is even across the board as far as technical vs management. CISM is about 85% Management and policy and 15% technical. Remember CISM is looking from the top of the food chain at the problems on a very wide scale. So the best technical answer, may not necessarily be the best answer from a management or governance perspective, and I think this is where a lot of people taking the exam get hemmed up. Also as I've been finding out CISSP is the more popular cert, and not because of the level of knowledge or experience needed, but simply because a lot of employers do not know exactly what CISM entails...I think they just think it's another version of the CISSP, when actually imho the two certs compliment each other with technical vs management areas...I hope this helps....
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If I pass my upcoming CISSP attempt I would like to jump into CISM because of the overlap, but I don't meet the 3 years of management requirement. Guess I'll just have to go with CISA.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    Momala2525@gmail.comMomala2525@gmail.com Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrates for passing CISSP.

I'm taking CISM too:)
  • Options
    MeanandMeanand Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CISSP to CISM should be easy. Review manual and database questions should suffice.
    Good luck... And congrats for passing CISSP.