Options

Resume Advice Question : Involving Job Roles & Geek Squad

proph21proph21 Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys & gals,

I have been working at Geek Squad for 7 months now. I started as a Consultation Agent in July (troubleshoots, sometimes perform quick fixes, finds an appropriate solution, checks in devices, and performs demos when clients come to pick up their device), but moved into the Technology Education Agent role in November (does paid 1-on-1 educational appointments, teaches free classes, still performs Consultation Agent duties).

My question : I am wondering if it would be better to put both jobs separately on my resume, or keep it as one job (Geek Squad Consultation Agent) and blend the duties of both roles.

My thoughts are : 1). Even though I am in a different role, I still perform my old job duties since I am constantly helping out in that section of the store. If I blend the roles together, I could knock out 2 birds with 1 stone and allow another one of my jobs to stay on my resume; 2). I am wondering what employers/recruiters will think if they see 2 different job roles for Geek Squad all within a 7 month period.

Any opinions are welcome & thank you for taking the time to read this.

Comments

• Options
    BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
    Unless you have other relevant work experience to add to your resume I would list them both, especially if the current is a step up from the first. This way you show progression in the right direction and have increased responsibilities.
    Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005