Options

CCNA Achieved

siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
Well, I did it! icon_cheers.gif

I put several months into studying, and it paid off. I realized reading only Lammle's book and watching CBT Nuggets wasn't enough as I was caught off guard by a question or two on the exam today. In other words, I highly recommend multiple literature resources. I sure plan to get the Cisco Press books for CCNP by Kevin Wallace whenever I plan to commit to that, sometime in the summer. i believe I saw several members recommending CCNP Switch/Route/T-Shoot Simplified books, so will need to research further.

When it's all said and done, I realize just how much I don't know because of the sheer amount of Cisco knowledge out there. It has been a fun beginning to my journey, and I look forward to the future.

Thanks to everyone for your advice, knowledge and resourcefulness. You guys rock!

Best,

-sigg icon_study.gif
Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
Cisco Lan Switching

Comments

• Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on getting your CCNA!icon_thumright.gif Good luck to you when you start working on your CCNP.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    Congrats! You learn a lot from Cisco!
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Hopefully, I'll join you soon! I learned a bunch from barely failing CCENT the first time - it did me well!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    tecnodog7tecnodog7 Member Posts: 129
  • Options
    HAMPHAMP Member Posts: 163
    Congrats!!! I'm still gonna stretch my test time for the end of April
  • Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    siggnation wrote: »
    Well, I did it! icon_cheers.gif

I put several months into studying, and it paid off. I realized reading only Lammle's book and watching CBT Nuggets wasn't enough as I was caught off guard by a question or two on the exam today. In other words, I highly recommend multiple literature resources. I sure plan to get the Cisco Press books for CCNP by Kevin Wallace whenever I plan to commit to that, sometime in the summer. i believe I saw several members recommending CCNP Switch/Route/T-Shoot Simplified books, so will need to research further.

When it's all said and done, I realize just how much I don't know because of the sheer amount of Cisco knowledge out there. It has been a fun beginning to my journey, and I look forward to the future.

Thanks to everyone for your advice, knowledge and resourcefulness. You guys rock!

Best,

-sigg icon_study.gif

Congratulations on your CCNA (that's a tough cert) I know plenty of people that have bailed out on that.

In regards to the Simplified series they really are good books (they certainly go above and beyond the CCNP syllabus) but well worth the read and additional reading after the CCNP.
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!

bharvey-- i just purchased CCNP Route Simplified and I'm liking it so far!
    Currently Reading:

Cisco Lan Switching
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your CCNA! I hope to get mine this year for my WGU degree :D
  • Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Thanks everyone!

bharvey-- i just purchased CCNP Route Simplified and I'm liking it so far!

Good purchase, CCNP Route Simplified is full of extra knowledge I don't personally think was required for the CCNP exam but will be for future studies and the CCIE course.
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!

I didn't pass on my first try and I still remember that feeling when I saw congratulations on a later attempt. I've knocked out CCNP Security since then, but CCNA still felt the best.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Proud, but never satisfied! ;)
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • Options
    E Double U wrote: »
    Congratulations!

I didn't pass on my first try and I still remember that feeling when I saw congratulations on a later attempt. I've knocked out CCNP Security since then, but CCNA still felt the best.

Absolutely, nothing like the first time! Great accomplishment with ccnp Sec, passing 4 tough exams. I may try it eventually, but i want to ensure my r/s foundation is solid first.
    Currently Reading:

Cisco Lan Switching
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Great accomplishment with ccnp Sec, passing 4 tough exams. I may try it eventually, but i want to ensure my r/s foundation is solid first.

Don't wait - just jump right in :D

I was lucky that we're using ASAs so I could jump on our DR box and practice everyday.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the hard work paying off!
  • Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, great work!
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□