Options

I got the Cisco CCNA RS 200-120 Official Cert Guide Library.

itangelitangel Member Posts: 111
Hi guys I got today the box that comes with the books and CD from Odom at Barnes & Nobles while I was on vacation. What else should I get to go with it? I was looking at Amazon 'Todd Lammle's CCNA/CCENT IOS Commands Survival Guide: Exams 100-101, 200-101, and 200-120' to get and wanted the latest CBT Nugget videos but I am not finding the DVD bundle to buy.

Thanks for any tip and advice you can provide!

Network Administrator
:

Looking forward in 2017: CCENT

Comments

• Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used (for the 640 Series ICND1 and ICND2)
    • Official Cert Guide Library (640-822, 640-816, 640-802)
    • Lammle's CCNA Study Guide
    • INE CCNA: Routing & Switching Videos (They were free at the time)
    • Hardware Lab (Cisco 1760 and 2800 Series Routers, 2950 and 2960 Switches)
    • Packet Tracer 5.x
    • GNS3
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    I used just about the equivalent to theo. CBT Nuggets provides a good CCNA series also.
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching
  • Options
    itangelitangel Member Posts: 111
    Thanks guys for the info. Do you guys think is worth grabbing that "Todd Lammle's CCNA/CCENT IOS Commands Survival Guide: Exams 100-101, 200-101, and 200-120" book?

Also I can't find the CBT Nuggets video for the CCNA so I might be using my Udemy CCNA 2015 200-120 Video Boot Camp With Chris Bryant instead. Has anyone use him before for their CCNA?

Network Administrator
    :

Looking forward in 2017: CCENT
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I bought a used IOS command guide for like $5. I referenced it every once in a while as a comparison to what I was studying. I don't think I used in enough to suggest buying one just for studying.
  • Options
    redmonkieredmonkie Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've been using the Chris Bryants 200-120 bootcamp on udemy for the last few weeks. It's pretty good when you hit the labs as he goes through it in depth.
    CCNA in 60 days is also a good resource. It's amazon number 1 seller for CCNA training guides. The kindle version is only £10 and theres loads of video from their website when you buy the book.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    redmonkie wrote: »
    I've been using the Chris Bryants 200-120 bootcamp on udemy for the last few weeks. It's pretty good when you hit the labs as he goes through it in depth.
    CCNA in 60 days is also a good resource. It's amazon number 1 seller for CCNA training guides. The kindle version is only £10 and theres loads of video from their website when you buy the book.

CCNA in 60 days isn't a bad source. I just wouldn't trust the Amazon reviews... I did the buy the book and have read a lot of it. But the author gives you access to a free test for each person who provides him with a picture showing they gave him a review on Amazon. I'm pretty sure he made alot more money by doing that. But I think its kind of shady.