Options

AAS 2 masters

iyareiyare Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm thinking of finishing a second degree in networking from ECU online. I'm also thinking doing an AAS in the process. Transfer my credits to Wake tech community college then degree completion @ECU. Then apply for a graduate program at the same university in networking. Or I could sneak in the masters program under probation (low gpa). I thought of the long route to make up for lack of experience. I have been teaching math for the last decade. Any advice? Be as viscious as you like.
CCENT, CCNA(EXPIRED), BS Electrical Engineering (Communications/Optics/Nanotechnology)

Comments

• Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Is your undergrad in math?
    If it's in any core science then a second undergrad won't get you any further ahead. plenty of tech masters degree that are geared towards the analytical types.
  • Options
    iyareiyare Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    undergrad was in engineering.
    CCENT, CCNA(EXPIRED), BS Electrical Engineering (Communications/Optics/Nanotechnology)
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A bachelors in engineering can be easily leveraged to land a position in IT. I don't recommend that you pursue a second bachelors degree, and certainly not an associates degree for that matter. If you are interested in obtaining a masters in IT, you should go straight into that program. Your success in the IT field will depend greatly on experience, and to some extent certifications. Don't fall into the trap of being a perpetual student with umpteen degrees and no professional experience.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)