Options

Next step for CCENT study

MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have completed the Nugget series and Todd Lammles guide for the CCENT. I feel okay about taking the exam now, but I would like to feel a little more confident. I scored 97% on the tech exam practice exam for the CCENT - but that was only a handful of questions. What would be my next resources to look at? I am going to go back through Todds book and do all the labs again, along with the practice exams - but I want to pass it on my first go. I tried searching the internet for some practice exams but came across some with blatantly incorrect information - which has made me a little leery of unknown online resources. Does anyone here have some suggestions? Really looking to strap up myself and be ready to take it next month. I keep reading over the exam objectives and every time I think I have something , a question creeps up that makes me feel less than confident. I don't know how much of that is pre-exam anxiety though.

Comments

• Options
    AwesomeGarrettAwesomeGarrett Member Posts: 257
    Does the Lammle book no longer come with a practice test DVD?
  • Options
    No icon_sad.gif I bought the book used, so I did not get any of the resources that came with it.
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Its not free, but I hear Boson is really good. Some even say its harder than the actual exam.

CCENT Certification | Practice Exams & Training
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    I had thought about them, I may end up going that route. I know it isn't free but, it is better than failing a test!
  • Options
    wtrwlkrwtrwlkr Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Boson is hosting a 15% off sale until sometime in june, just a fyi.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I didn't really end up using it but this site looked pretty good last year. DansCourses.com | Computer Networking Classes Taught by Dan Alberghetti
  • Options
    Bought the Boson with the 15% off. Came out to 84 bucks, but I figure if it helps me pass the exam first shot then it is worth it. They do have the first pass or money back thing. I can say after taking the first practice exam - I am not ready for the real test yet. Some of these questions cover things neither of my study materials did.
  • Options
    nikalisnikalis Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lab, lab, lab and more labs
    To Script or not to Script, that is the question.

MSCA [ ] 70-410 [ ] 70-411 [ ] 70-412
    CCNA [X] 100-101 [ ] 200-101
  • Options
    EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Subnetting Practice Questions

^^ Free & well explained practice questions

Helped me greatly to prepare for ICND1. View the options available for the quiz. Read the notes attached during the "Learning mode" several times over until you memorize it.
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • Options
    Thanks for the link! I'll check it out. Right now I am going back through and studying the weak areas I found with the Boson. The more resources the better! I found out it is a lot different running casually through a lab than it it is when you have to troubleshoot. I have also noticed some more cabling question that were not in my study material. I am not sure if they will be on the real exam or not though, it is older cabling. I was surprised I miss a fiber question considering I work for a fiber SP LOL