Options

help desk pay chicago suburbs

tkdgrabentkdgraben Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been offered a position doing help desk initially . I will also be trained in database and server administration. This will be my first IT position. I however have obtained a+, network+, and mcsa windows 7. Tomorrow we will negotiate the pay and benefits. What pay can I expect in the Chicago suburbs? I should add that it also requires being bilingual as well.

Comments

• Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    There is a lot of variables.

Does the company have a client base that requires both languages ? Yes, that is extra. No, well I not going to pay you extra for skills we don't need.

Company size ? MSP? Corporate?
    figure around $13 - 15 is average with $20 being you max is what I saw from the burbs when we hired new people.
  • Options
    Yes the job requires that I speak the foreign language within the company as well as with clients. There will also be a bit of sales as well. The company provides IT services for other companies. It is a small company so they want me to be learn everything that they do.
  • Options
    IIIMasterIIIMaster Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Typically if a job requires you to speak multiple languages they should pay out a little more. To be honest Im not sure what the pay is around Chicago but going of Kohrah numbers I would start around $20 and accept nothing less than $16, due to the fact they want you to do admin, database work along with being bilingual .
  • Options
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    congrats.. that's around what my lady got converted at.icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    bloodshotbettybloodshotbetty Member Posts: 215
    Nice! Good help desk salary along with training for more complicated technology. That, good sir or madam, is a win.

A+ certified
    Bachelors of Science in Social Work, Augsburg College
    Working on: Network+
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□