Options

Second round interview for internship

ChildInTimeChildInTime Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'll be having second round interview for internship position in Big Four audit firm. My plan is to write my master thesis related to computer security there. The interview will be with 2 persons with titles of Risk Manager and Risk consultant.

I am kind of surprised with those titles, considering that they know my research theme already, but is not related to risk, and my studies not related to that either.

Any ideas or suggestions on what kind of questions I should expect and what kind of interview it could be?

Comments

• Options
    LeBrokeLeBroke Member Posts: 490 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Risk managers are usually former information security people that go into risk management as writing or reviewing policies (aka, telling clients to get policies in the first place) is usually less work than day-to-day security work, and has a fatter pay check since it's a management position.

So chances are, you're looking at former white hats or security engineers. Even if you're not, their job is intrinsically tied to network/information security.

PS: risk management is more about security policies and internal auditing than it is about risk in the sense "this insurance policy carries X chance of risk."