Options

Taking A+ 801 Next Week

GeekTechieGeekTechie Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm on the final video of Professor Messer 801 series (taking notes, and putting them into Powerpoint), and will go over the final two sections of the (4.1-5.4) in Exam Cram book along with doing the quizzes for both. Once I do the quizzes, I"ll take the practice exam to see how I'll do. If I do good, then I'm ready to take the test. If not, then I'll go over the weak areas to improve on and shift test date to later day next week like Friday if I need more time. I plan on doing the 801 around next week, then do the 802 in April, then Network + in May, and do Security + in June since I got a large tax refund this year (about $2,000 in total). I only need to get books for Network + and Security after I'm done with the A+ exams.

Wish me luck guys.

I'll keep you posted. :) To everyone getting their certifications, it's a lot of hard work, but remember the reward at the end. Keep your eyes on the prize. Go get 'em!

Comments

• Options
    NtengNteng Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    WOW seems like you got a perfect plan for your future...it does require some hard work and wish you all the luck.

i am planning on taking the 801 exam next month. i still got a few chapters left in my exam cram book and lets see how it goes.
  • Options
    @ Nteng, yeah I know. But that's what I'm have to do do. It'll pay off in the long run for sure since I'm really want to get out of the hotel industry (been there in for six years as a Steward), beset of luck on the 801 next month. Let me how it goes.
  • Options
    xD LucasxD Lucas Member Posts: 107
    I have virtually the same plan, except a little more time between each exam. I'll be completing A+ by the end of May, then Network+ and Security+. I also enrolled into my local community college to complete a degree in the Computer and Electronics Program. I've always wanted a hands-on PC career, but never really got my head into it until recently.

Either way, good luck! It's a lot of studying, but I'm sure you'll do fine.
    2015 Objectives: MTA: 98-349 ✔ → CompTIA A+ → CompTIA Network+ CompTIA Security+
  • Options
    bloodshotbettybloodshotbetty Member Posts: 215
    Sounds like a great study plan! I take mine at the end of next month.

I am working through module 3 of Professor Messer. My goal is to get through laptops and printers this week so I can spend all next week learning about networking. Once I get through a Messer module, I read the corresponding chapters in Mike Meyers and watch a CBT nugget as well. I start a full time job on the 6th (I've been unemployed which has made studying much easier) so I would ideally like to spend most of the month of April reviewing. I will use ExamCram and my flashcards for review.

Good luck on your exam!! You will do great.

A+ certified
    Bachelors of Science in Social Work, Augsburg College
    Working on: Network+
  • Options
    ramonrdz1986ramonrdz1986 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Best of Luck. I too am currently set to take the 801 on May 1 with the 802 about 30 days after.

Do you think 30 days is enough for the remainder of the exams though? Net+ and Sec+?

What kind of background do you have? I would really like to set similar goals but felt that it might be a bit too tight time wise.

Thanks.
  • Options
    @ramondrdz1986- Well yesterday, I officially graduated with a technical certificate as a Network Administrator (got it in the mail) since I finished my final semester back in December 2014. My major was CIS (Computer Information Systems), I started back in Fall 2010 when I started on Math remedial courses before I got into my IT courses. It took about 5 1/2 years with two semesters off due to needing a break from school and having to wait for the following semester to come around to take a particular course that I needed in addition to working full time at a busy hotel downtown. Though I didn't get to do any internships though I had interviews for them, but couldn't land one. I've decided to turn to volunteering instead. So, I found a non-profit IT organization through VolunteerMatch.com and did some work with them last year. They're the ITDRC (Information Technology Disaster Resource Center). Basically, they provide emergency communications and technical resources to assist communities in times of disaster in the United States, sort of like the Red Cross, but with a emphasis on IT instead. Anyhow, I worked with them identifying unmet technology needs as a Remote Response Team Member during a tornado outbreak. Personally, I think 30 days is enough time for me since I'm going to be studying each day starting in April when I start preparing for the 802 exam for the A+. I'll do 2 hours each day before heading into work for the evening.
  • Options
    rj1790rj1790 Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck sir! Solid plan you got there. Did you take all online classes at that college?
    WGU: Network Operations and Security - COMPLETED
    Current Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA R+S, and CCNA Security, CCDA
  • Options
    @ rj1790, actually when I started on my IT courses, it was in classroom. After that, it was hybrid learning meaning I would attend class during the day or evening with the class work and lectures and sometimes projects and a few exams if I had any once a week and also do online learning with the courses with the lab work, exams, and quizzes, and projects. I had class on one day each week, so I took one class at a time since I couldn't do a full load due to also working full time and wanting to keep the tuition cost down. I had the pell grant, but had to pay out of pocket. My parents and I or just myself helped out on that end. @rj1970, you plan on getting more certs after A+?
  • Options
    rj1790rj1790 Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GeekTechie wrote: »
    @ rj1790, actually when I started on my IT courses, it was in classroom. After that, it was hybrid learning meaning I would attend class during the day or evening with the class work and lectures and sometimes projects and a few exams if I had any once a week and also do online learning with the courses with the lab work, exams, and quizzes, and projects. I had class on one day each week, so I took one class at a time since I couldn't do a full load due to also working full time and wanting to keep the tuition cost down. I had the pell grant, but had to pay out of pocket. My parents and I or just myself helped out on that end. @rj1970, you plan on getting more certs after A+?
    Ahh thanks for the info. I'm planning on taking the Net+ next, CCNA after.
    WGU: Network Operations and Security - COMPLETED
    Current Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA R+S, and CCNA Security, CCDA
  • Options
    @ rj1790, sound great man. Best of luck!