Options

Does VMware send certificates when you pass?

dacetodaceto Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
I jsut got my VCP at the start of the month and was wondering if VMware sends you a nice certificate or not. If they dont I will print it on some card stock but I just wanted to see if I should be expecting it in the mail or not.

Comments

• Options
    DigitalZeroOneDigitalZeroOne Member Posts: 234 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. Yes, unless something has changed recently, VMware will send a paper certificate in a folder.
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    I never received a certificate. I had to print mine out from the website.
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They don't send them anymore. I had to print mine as well.
  • Options
    Thats sad. Thanks for the heads up. You would think for the couple bucks it would cost they could hook you up.
  • Options
    DigitalZeroOneDigitalZeroOne Member Posts: 234 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry, I didn't know it changed. I thought that I received all of mine, even through VCP 5. I'm up for renewal this year, so I guess I'll find out. I didn't know that changed. I actually just keep a digital copy anyway. After a while, well, for me at least, I really don't care to have more paper around.
  • Options
    I just keep all mine in a 9x12 book meant for photography portfolios. Just nice to be able to have them in paper to look at from time to time.
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    I was just reminded of how CompTIA and LPI send out those certification cards, like I'll keep them in my wallet, just in case I need to prove to someone I'm LPIC-1 or Security + certified.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Has the free VMware Workstation key changed too? It was sent alongside the cert.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    SurgeSurge Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They still provide you a workstation key but, via email. Took about a month or more to receive mine.
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    A number of vendors announced that they will no longer send certificates/wallet cards due to increasing prices. Ironically, they also increased the exam prices as well! Unfortunately VMware fell into this model and you now have to print the PDF on your own dollar and you have to renew every 'x' number of years.

I like the pdf method for associate and lower tier professional certifications, but its nice to have something physical for the mid-tier and expert level certs.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I agree on the lower vs higher, down77. I don't miss the folder full of certificates at my desk, but when I pass my CCIE, I want a physical representation of that on my wall!
  • Options
    GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    I just put digital copies of everything organized in my google drive. Makes it easy when I have to pull info or send via email.
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT