Options

How to Install CUPS

theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
I was under the impression that all 3 (CUCM, CUC, and CUPS) servers were on the CUCM install disks. I was able to install CUCM and Unity Connection, but I don't see CUPS as an installation option. Is there some trick to making it show up? It doesn't even show up under the Not Available section as Unity Connection did on the CUCM VM (not enough disk space for CUC).
R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
Security: CCNA [ ]
Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]

Comments

• Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How to install CUPS? -> apt-get install cups :) ..just kidding, sorry I don't know the answer.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    if it was Ubuntu I'd just do 'sudo apt-get install cups'

Then once that's done go to 'cd /etc/cups/' and do a 'ls' and then find the config file; mine in CentOS and Ubuntu was cupsd.config and then just update the required IP information of the server's IP address to 'Listen: 192.168.104.20: 633' and then you just need to login to the server after the config file is updated and navigate to the printer server IP address @ 'https://192.168.104.20:633' login with root information and update the hosts file for the printers.

don't forget to do a 'sudo service cups stop' before you make changes and then after making changes to do 'sudo service cups start or restart'.

I'm doing this from the persective of CentOS and Ubuntu but hopefully this helps and you can reverse engineer it if your using a different flavor of linux.
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @Deathmage, I was joking, I don't think he was looking for the CUPS in Linux, I believe it has something to do with Cisco VoIP.
  • Options
    @Deathmage, I was joking, I don't think he was looking for the CUPS in Linux, I believe it has something to do with Cisco VoIP.

Cisco Unified Presence Server. Unfortunately, Cisco chose a name that resulted in an acronym conflict with the Common Unix Print System. Like how when I say that I have a CNA (Certified Novell Administrator) people think I'm a Nursing Assistant.
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    It's not included, it's a separate ISO you'll need to get. Something like UCSInstall_CUP_.....
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Are you installing CUPS or the IM and presence server? Which version of CUCM are you installing?
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    shodown wrote: »
    Are you installing CUPS or the IM and presence server? Which version of CUCM are you installing?

I have CUCM 8.6(2). I was trying to install Cisco Unified Presence Server.
  • Options
    JeanM wrote: »
    It's not included, it's a separate ISO you'll need to get. Something like UCSInstall_CUP_.....

Thanks.