Options

do people take expertrating.com seriously?

Do people really buy into this? Do they actually put this stuff on their resumes? I think it's pointless myself, I was curious and tried a couple of their tests, found them to be very easy. Obviously I would never purchase one of their certificates nor would I ever put their "certifications" down on any kind of resume ect... I can't imagine any employer actually looking at this seriously.

Just wondering if anyone else ran across these types of sites before.

Comments

• Options
    capy_12090capy_12090 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think the point of this is to cheaply test current or future employees for basic skills. You wouldn't have your IT people take one of these tests, you'd have the secretary take it.
  • Options
    capy_12090capy_12090 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just to elaborate, you woulnd't want to force your entire secretarial staff to take the A+ exam, as that would cost too much and be too much for them to study. But maybe you could have them take these $9.95 tests to demonstrate some basic skills.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Yeah, I see your point... I suppose that if administered correctly it could provide an insight into basic understanding of certain subjects....

Basically, someone woul have to monitor the test... You could easily log in as yourself and someone else do the test if no one is watching or you could open another browser window/tab and look up many answers.

My point is that it is an unreliable way to test unless administerd correctly.