Options

Anyone on the OSCP journey soon?

Comments

• Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Blade3D wrote: »
    Got my packet with everything yesterday and started reading the PDF. Ready to start hitting this hard.

Nice...the anticipation for getting mine is killing me.
  • Options
    NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mokaz wrote: »
    These are my array of resources i'm currently using (in bold are my favorites):

Black Hat Python
    Conquering The Command Line
    Coding for Penetration Testers
    Command Line Kung Fu
    Counter Hack Reloaded, Second Edition
    Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing Guide
    Google Hacking for Penetration Testers
    Kali Linux Network Scanning Cookbook
    Linux Pocket Guide, 2nd Edition
    Mastering Kali Linux for Advanced Penetration Testing
    Metasploit Penetration Testers Guide
    Netcat Starter
    Ninja Hacking - Unconventional Penetration Testing
    Python Penetration Testing Essentials
    Python for Secret Agents
    Python Programming for Hackers and Pentesters
    Penetration Testing with the Bash shell
    Penetration Testing - A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking
    Professional Penetration Testing - Creating and Learning in a Hacking Lab
    The Linux Command line - A Complete Introduction

Well, my book made it in the list...but sadly not among the bolds.
  • Options
    mokazmokaz Member Posts: 172
    NovaHax wrote: »
    Well, my book made it in the list...but sadly not among the bolds.

Hey!! tell us which one it is !!! also the boldness is just purely subjective as this implies only to me...
    But sincerely, all these books are simply great !!!

OSCP update --> 16 hosts are mine / IT Dept & Dev Dept unlocked.

I'm moving slowly but i didn't had all the time i'd wanted lately..

Thanks,
    regards,
    m.
  • Options
    BuhRockBuhRock Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just started friday. I've been in Mr. Agent's IRC. So far, I got 3 boxes popped manually, and a few with ms08_067, but saving the others as there is a python exploit I want to try out.
  • Options
    NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mokaz wrote: »
    Hey!! tell us which one it is !!! also the boldness is just purely subjective as this implies only to me...
    But sincerely, all these books are simply great !!!

OSCP update --> 16 hosts are mine / IT Dept & Dev Dept unlocked.

Kali Linux: Network Scanning Cookbook (from Packt). I didn't really take offense. Mine is kind of a niche one among those anyways. It focuses largely on Python scripting with Scapy. Actually, the original intention was to write it exclusively on Scapy...but Packt wanted a larger scope. If I had to do it over again...I would have self-published and done it more the way I wanted to...but meh...hindsight is 20/20.

Congrats on your progress so far man and keep it up icon_thumright.gif.
  • Options
    unkn0wnsh3llunkn0wnsh3ll Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good work guys, Its too tempting to jump into course, but still I have doubts on myself on certain areas and hence holding trigger with patience.....icon_study.gificon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    reastereaste Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    As the above post ^ I am all fired up after sec+ would love to dive in but I think I should hammer out a few back to basics first. Thanks for the book list :)
  • Options
    ilikeshellsilikeshells Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I plan on starting in mid-August, if anyone wants to partner up, message me.
  • Options
    M0CAMB0M0CAMB0 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I plan on starting in mid-August, if anyone wants to partner up, message me.

Hey man, I don't have enough posts to pm you, but I'm registering as well, but planning on starting around July 18, a little bit earlier, but let me know if you want to partner up as I'll still be balancing a full time job so I may not be going at the same pace as you.
  • Options
    I might start middle of july provided OSCP officials confirms for my registration as I signed with free mail rather corporate emailid. Anyway I will confirm the same sooner so we could partner up on the course, by the way Mocambo, Me to same boat like you, so could well workout for the course......let me know your convenience.....

Cheers
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck with that! You'll need to show proof of your identity.
  • Options
    MrAgent wrote: »
    Good luck with that! You'll need to show proof of your identity.
    Yes Mr.Agent, I did sent my Driving license as proof of ID, not sure of turnaround time for this (Any idea how early they get back?)... It looks like they do not have start date for this weekend, most likely next weekend if all goes well...
    Cheers
  • Options
    I had mine done all in the same day, but I did not use a free email provider.
  • Options
    I could provide my workplace emailid, But due to secure nature, i cannot receive any outside email at my workplace and in case if Offensive Security wants me to confirm in reply, I wouldn't even receive their email.......
  • Options
    M0CAMB0 wrote: »
    Hey man, I don't have enough posts to pm you, but I'm registering as well, but planning on starting around July 18, a little bit earlier, but let me know if you want to partner up as I'll still be balancing a full time job so I may not be going at the same pace as you.

I'm balancing a full-time gig, too. I plan on doing 90 days. I'll see if I can start end of July instead of mid-August. If so, I'll reply back here and we can trade IRC names.
  • Options
    cjbischoffcjbischoff Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I ordered 90days and I might extend that another 30 - so I will be well into/past August - my email is in my profile - gimme a shout
  • Options
    Im, IN, starting on 19-Jul-2015....See you there guys......
  • Options
    BuhRockBuhRock Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm 11 boxes in, one including gh0st. I'm on the IRC channel. irc.osswg.org:6667 usually.
  • Options
    short update --> got my 20th system today..

Good luck to all the newly added students !! Do backups !! After a while in the labs, loosing my work would drive me absolutely crazy...

Cheers,
    m.
  • Options
    griffondggriffondg Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Looks like I'm going to have to extend for 30 days. Between travel for work, vacations, family commitments etc I've only been able to compromise 16 systems so far and my lab time ends Friday. I'm taking off the rest of the week from work so I should be able to add a few more systems but realistically I know I probably need at least double that total before I'm ready to take the exam. My goal is to get at least all of the public servers outside of the Big 3.

Eric
  • Options
    Leftya88Leftya88 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm starting 1 August. I feel like I'm going to be in way over my head based off some of the threads on this board. Looking forward to sharing my experiences with everyone.
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am moving very slow, I am with privilege escalation with ossec
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    expphotoexpphoto Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Totally want to, though the only way it will happen is if my work pays for it. Chances are, I'd need the full 3 months. While I'm familiar with Kali now, not familiar with creating my own exploits.
  • Options
    cjbischoffcjbischoff Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I purchased the full 90 days - about half through the time and have completed 13 or 14. I have been spending time, some of it is just not "clicking".

Also I just don't think that way - as a developer/sys admin I don't setup systems that poorly (password reuse for example) - basically I attempt the more difficult direction (tech) vs the easier (people).
  • Options
    Blade3DBlade3D Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm very slow rolling, started dating someone, and this is a busier time at work with grant work needing to be finished. I'm hoping to have read the entire packet and watched all the videos by the first month mark giving me 2 months to go back over them while working through the lab. I'm about 2/3 through the packet and watch 10 videos so far. I am going on vacation next week so hoping to knock out almost all the videos on the flight there and back so I gotta knock out this packet in the next few days.
    Title: Sr. Systems Designer
    Degree: B.S. in Computing Science, emphasis Information Assurance
    Certifications: CISSP, PSP, Network+, Security+, CySA+, OSWP
  • Options
    Hi all,

So it's official, i've successfully passed the OSCP challenge.

I'll probably do a longer PWK/OSCP review later on. The only few things i'll give you for now are these:

- Automation is KEY (automate as much as you can, or know in advance which tools you're gonna let run in background while you do something else)
    - Manage time 23:45 minutes flies out at a speed you will not admit.. So at some points you got to make your moves wheter you're sure about them or not..
    - the challenge seemed really harder to me than the lab hosts..

Thanks for all your support, i'm very very happy about this outcome and proud of course.
    Special thanks goes to Mosunit for friendship & support / Jollyfrogs as well of course you guys r0ckz!!!
    MrAgent for the IRC --> that was neat as well !!!

Cheers,
    regards,
    m.
  • Options
    Congrats! The OSCP club is getting bigger around here!
  • Options
    Congrats on the pass! My start date got delayed but I'm anxious to begin myself! I'm just curious as to technique. If you dive into the test (labs too) environment, I assume the best thing to do is to run some nmap scripts (standard, -Pn flag, a full TCP + UDP, etc.) and further enumeration. Until those complete, what else would you recommend doing to make best use of your time? Start working on the early results?
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    griffondggriffondg Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□