Options

CCNA Video Boot Camp With Chris Bryant

ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
Udemy has this video set for $10.00 through March 31. It also comes with the CCNA Security course. So you can get CCENT, CCNA and CCNA security for 10 bills, not a bad deal. The code is 10achieve, or click on the link below.

https://www.udemy.com/ccna-on-demand-video-boot-camp/?ccManual=&dtcode=Mn1C5Xw2E5bS&couponCode=10achieve
2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!

Comments

• Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kinda old news. He's been doing the $10 promotion for a few months now.. And a reminder--he does not cover RSTP
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    Last week it was $19, this week it is again $10, and at both price points it is worth the money, even if he does not cover RSTP There is a lot of good information in these videos that can be used by anyone studying for this certification.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Can these videos be downloaded as a package or they can only be viewed only or downloaded file by file?
  • Options
    If you are going to download them, you have to do it video by video, it took me a couple of days to download this course and the security course, not a big deal, I burned them to a double layer DVD and now watch them on my TV. Or they can be saved on a thumb drive and plugged into a smart blu ray player, works out good and does not eat bandwidth.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    Careful though that Chris doesn't fulfill his promises. He claims he will give CCNA Security free, well good luck getting that.

I have sent him 3 messages and as others in this forum have mentioned, some have waited for over a month and never got a response. I'm going to stop the payment I made to him if I don't anything next couple of days.
  • Options
    MagmadragoonMagmadragoon Member Posts: 172 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am in the same boat as binarysoul no responses on the free CCNA security course.
  • Options
    I got the link and password for the security course in less than 4 hours when I emailed them. No problems on this end. Now to cancel the payment because you didn't get the free offer is a little extreme, did you get the course you paid for? If so, you will not get your credit card company to reverse the charges, because you did get what you paid for, which is the boot camp, despite him advertising the security course for free, you did get what you paid for, don't ask me how I know. I went through this with another that sells videos. As long as you get the course paid for, they won't reverse charges for the product you don't pay for.
  • Options
    seigexseigex Member Posts: 105
    Udemy has a 30 day money back guarantee if you're that concerned about the security course. I just think Chris Bryant is swamped with requests so you'll eventually get it. Otherwise it's a great course so far, especially for$10!
  • Options
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    Can these videos be downloaded as a package or they can only be viewed only or downloaded file by file?

There are scripts that will auto download for you

https://github.com/gaganpreet/udemy-dl

I haven't tested them, but I've seen other people refer to them, so YMMV.
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    binarysoul wrote: »
    Careful though that Chris doesn't fulfill his promises. He claims he will give CCNA Security free, well good luck getting that.

I have sent him 3 messages and as others in this forum have mentioned, some have waited for over a month and never got a response. I'm going to stop the payment I made to him if I don't anything next couple of days.

One email and I got the security course..
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    When did you email, and when did you get a response?
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I went back and looked at my records. I received a code two days after I emailed. Here is the response I got with the code blocked out.

[FONT=verdana, geneva]Thanks for signing up -- and here's your free CCNA Security Video Boot Camp!
    [FONT=verdana, geneva]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, geneva]Just head to the following URL and use the coupon code "XXXXXXXXXXXXX" when prompted for payment. That'll get you in free! Enjoy, and thanks for making TBA part of your success story![/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, geneva]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, geneva]https://www.udemy.com/ccnasecurityvideobootcamp/#/[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, geneva]
    [/FONT]

[/FONT]
  • Options
    I bought my course back in January, when he had his special going on, I purchased the boot camp on Saturday evening, Emailed Sunday morning about 10 AM and had the link with the password by about 3 pm that Sunday afternoon. I got the exact same email that Jon did.
  • Options
    I could not find my emails, must have deleted them. But I think is was only 2, maybe 3 days when I got my URL and code.
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
  • Options
    You would think being a tech course, you would at least get an automatic reply saying wait X number of days! Ok no big deal, it's just a free course, but it's a matter of principle :)
  • Options
    How long is the free CCNA security course? Is it 2 hours? If so, I think I'm afraid it' is publicly free unless there's a longer version.
  • Options
    ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    I'm also waiting for the security course email. I emailed on Saturday morning.
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    YHow long is the free CCNA security course? Is it 2 hours? If so, I think I'm afraid it' is publicly free unless there's a longer version.

You should get this

https://www.udemy.com/ccnasecurityvideobootcamp/#/

Over 86 lectures and 13.5 hours of content
  • Options
    Phileeeeeeep651Phileeeeeeep651 Member Posts: 179 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If I have CBTNuggets for CCENT, NA and NA sec (WGU material) would this be worth adding in as supplemental info?
    Working on: CCNP Switch
  • Options
    Itrimble wrote: »
    I'm also waiting for the security course email. I emailed on Saturday morning.

Welcome to the 'waiting' club :)
  • Options
    How long is the free CCNA security course? Is it 2 hours? If so, I think I'm afraid it' is publicly free unless there's a longer version.

It is longer than 2 hours, there are 12 sections and 85 videos in the series.
  • Options
    If I have CBTNuggets for CCENT, NA and NA sec (WGU material) would this be worth adding in as supplemental info?

For the price, i would think so. I was using CBT Nuggets, but switched to this. Mainly because the videos are broken up in to chunks that average about 15 minuets long. I use Nuggets as my supplemental materials.
  • Options
    JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I saw the original 19 dollar course and didn't take it, now that it's 10 bucks I just bought it lol

I will read a chapter of the lammle book and go over the videos from this guy to get the audio version of what I just read :D
  • Options
    If anybody is interested, I was able to get the ubemy-dl python script to work in a windows environment and can do a quick write up to download all videos instead of having to download individual videos. Just let it run on both CCNA and CCNP overnight and I have all videos saved to my hard drive. I didn't check the total size this morning, but based on what I saw for both courses when I did check I wouldn't think it'd be more than 8GB-ish, but I'll let you guys know when I get home.

EDIT: it's 9.64GB for both the CCNA & CCNP boot camps
  • Options
    I watched the first 16 minute video and fell asleep toward the end

:S
  • Options
    Just wondering if those waiting to get the free CCNA Security got any response from him?
  • Options
    Just wondering if those waiting to get the free CCNA Security got any response from him? I think I will cancel the payment on principle 'cause it seems like a unethical practice to offer something and then not follow up on it.

Nothing yet, sent three emails. You don't have to cancel payment, you can cancel on udemy ..they respond in a couple days.
  • Options
    Just wondering if those waiting to get the free CCNA Security got any response from him? I think I will cancel the payment on principle 'cause it seems like a unethical practice to offer something and then not follow up on it.
    Agreed
    I still need to email him. Does anyone have his email?
  • Options
    ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    I haven't gotten the response back either. I'm still waiting.
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • Options
    Just got a reply back with my code. So be patient, they're coming.