70-680 vs 70-685?

MarcITMarcIT Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,
Does anyone know if the 'MCSA - Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (70-685)' is similar to the Windows 7 Configuring (70-680) exam? The exam objectives/ content look similar if not the same.... I passed the 70-680, and studied much of the material using labs with a couple Windows 7 Enterprise systems running on VirtualBox.

Is it possible to pass the 70-685 with knowledge gained from the 70-680?

Thanks
Marc

Comments

• JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I believe it's possible but I would still read the book to be sure you haven't missed any material. In my opinion it's a hard exam so don't take it too lightly. But in general, you would need to know how to troubleshoot everything learned in the 70-680.
  • Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    I see that both you @JasminLandry & @MarcIT have the 70-680 exam done. What resources would you recommend / did you use? I'm looking at Amazon and I see pretty bad reviews for the Microsoft course material for the 70-680. Hope you can help. Thanks.
  • MarcITMarcIT Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ty for the reply Jasmin, I will definitely get deeper into it then before thinking about taking it.

@Justin I used Professor Messers 70-680 course, and I labbed using Windows 7 Enterprise virtual systems on VirtualBox.

https://www.virtualbox.org/
    I can't find the evaluation ISO for Windows 7 anymore, maybe they removed it... But I downloaded it from this site, it gave a 90
    day evaluation period to try Win 7 Enterprise.
    Try Windows 8.1 Enterprise | TechNet Evaluation Center
  • Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Is Messer's course just his videos? Let me know, thanks.
  • EspiOneEspiOne Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There is some slight overlap, but 70-685 does cover a lot more of the server side, (imaging, deployment, server applications). I would look at the objectives for both.

but, in my opinion, you need to review that particular exam. I had the misfortune/fortune of taking the 70-682, which I had to cover both 680/685 in one shot and there was no study material for 682.