Options

CCNA in 6 lessons over 6 weeks

dazdaryldazdaryl Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm going to a place that offers CCNA lessons for $1099, I though that's a pretty good deal, I did try learning the ccna book by myself and I the vast majority of it, I stopped reading at the lab work.

I remember reading that book, the 600+ something pages took me quite a long time, it was over months that I managed to read it, I wonder how it's possible for them to teach me the CCNA over just 6 lessons? should I be worried? They have however had a lot of good testimonials, so I'm giving it a go, the CCNA would be $350 to take the test by itself and they include a free test.

Place I'm going to do ccna: Logitrain

Comments

• Options
    MagmadragoonMagmadragoon Member Posts: 172 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I cannot figure how much lab work goes to the CCNA to justify spending over a $1000 for it. You could just use simulators, like GNS3 and Packet Tracer to make it through. You could build a CCNP lab for that amount of money.
  • Options
    rowelldrowelld Member Posts: 176
    In my opinion, $1099 is a lot. Do they offer a guarantee where if you don't pass you get your money back? Just sounds like another bootcamp but for 6 weeks.
    Visit my blog: http://www.packet6.com - I'm on the CWNE journey!
  • Options
    therebeeyetherebeeye Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You didn't specify how long each lesson was (I'm assuming one day a week for 6 weeks), but personally, I'm not a fan of boot camps unless you already have a good grasp of the CCNA topics. And $1000 is pretty expensive. As said above, you can get GNS3 (free download I believe) and practice sims on that, plus there are a ton of videos on Youtube covering the exam topics pretty well. That, plus the book you read will help you out or you can buy books with practice exams. They are usually around $60 new. Definitely cheaper than $1000+. Good luck!
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    With my level of routing and switching knowledge, a 6 week boot camp would be about passing a test, not knowing what I am talking about. Im thinking for me I would need about 6 months at least.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    nikalisnikalis Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    anyone can pass when you know the questions on the test. bootcamps should only be used for maybe a final review if that.
    On another note, if you buy some cisco gear 2x2950 1x3550 and 3xrouters (about 350 total maybe 400) and do the labs the concepts stick better. and knowing the concept means nothing if you don't know the commands to implement it (you'd be a paper ccna)
    To Script or not to Script, that is the question.

MSCA [ ] 70-410 [ ] 70-411 [ ] 70-412
    CCNA [X] 100-101 [ ] 200-101
  • Options
    binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    For an exam like Cisco, I think it's vital we know how to do things, get our hands dirty than watching someone else explain or do stuff. A bit of guidance is good from a mentor, but on exam day, it's us alone vs. a speedy exam!