CISSP Exams After April 15th

melvin-fernandesmelvin-fernandes Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

Is anyone planning to take the CISSP exam after the 15th of April . if could tell me which books you are refering to with regards to the new informonation included. I refer to Shon Harris 6th ed and for practise exams i log into cccure.org plus Mcgraw-Hill . Will appreciate if anyone could help me out here.

regards
Melvin

Comments

• jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm scheduled to take the exam in August. I'm currently using the Conrad book and cybrary.it videos for studies, along with McGraw-Hill and Shon Harris practice questions. I think the only book out right now with updated domains is the official ISC2 book.
  • melvin-fernandesmelvin-fernandes Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi ,

could you tell me from where i could get the Shon Harris Practise questions please .
  • jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can buy the test question book on Amazon.
  • perks1964perks1964 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Been studying for CISSP for months now. One tip I think some might like, I download the MP3 files from sites like McGraw hill (Shon Harris stuff) and listen to it in my car on the way to and from work. The idea being, that reading is simply not enough for me, I need to hear it, see it, and work it with my hands (lol) to retain it. Just an idea.....
  • thehomemakerthehomemaker Registered Users Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I am supposed to take the CISSP exam this coming April 8, but I chickened out and rescheduled it in May instead. I made a calculated risk and has decided that rescheduling is cheaper. I knew that the CBK have some minor updates so I decided to buy the book from CBK just to read about the additional information that they may include in the new exam. I have bought and read the following books as well:

Shon Harris CISSP All-In-One Exam Guide
    Shon Harris Practice Exams
    Eric Contrad CISSP Study Guide, Second Edition
    Eric Conrad Eleventh Hour CISSP, Second Edition
    CBT Nuggets CISSP
    CCure.Org Practice Test (Paid Version)
    Transcender Practice Tests

After taking the CCcure practice tests, I was averaging 72%. I have read from Clement's recommendation that I should take it multiple times as much as possible until I could be at 80% average or higher. Unfortunately, I didn't have much time to re-visit some of it due to time constraints.

Then I noticed that there is a free CISSP Transcender exams that came with my CBT nuggets account, so I decided to take the 250 questions in one sitting. I was surprised that the questions i see there is totally different from cccure.org. My confidence has dropped in an instant and made me realize that maybe I am not yet ready.

I have been doing some browsing between Transcender and CCCure.org practice tests and it seems each has its own advantages so I can't really say which type of question is the one that's closest to the exam. For Example, in CCCure.org, the policies such as Sarbanes, HIPAA, etc will not be tested as to Transcender practice test where it shows up on some questions.

Now since I moved my exam date, I plan to re-read Shon Harris Practice Exams, CCCure Practice Tests and Transcender, maybe McGraw Hill as well when I have the time. It's just too overwhelming. icon_sad.gif I can't wait to clear this exam.

Any other suggestions on practice test that I need to try? Thank you in advance for the help and advice.
  • rajeshraj25rajeshraj25 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I was also planning to take before 15 Apr but dropped the idea. I studied 10 domains so far but there are 8 domains and old topics realigned in the new domains. The ISC site mentions that it is "refreshed" and I am just curious to know that what exactly added and removed in new CBK so that I can prepare for delta changes only? do you have any idea on this?
  • kvponkshekvponkshe Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have booked the exam on 14 th . but now got in confused stage... I used cccure paid version. The question bank is too big but the questions are very specific & strait forward, and not like that we heard from experienced people. Most of my friends recommended MH & ISC2 quizz. Transend quiz are very easy as per feedback that I saw on this forum.