Harry CISSP and prisoner of Azerbaijan

riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
Exam was much easier than I thought. No way it matched to ISACA exam items difficulty. ISACA exams are more challenging compared to CISSP. At least physically. Keeping track of flagged question on paper based exam.....

No use in memorizing facts, learning key lengths, level of assurances, bandwith od T1 lines. Considering that you need to infer and apply real world knowledge, Shon Harris book is too verbose and you only need it if you are a beginner which is highly unlikely. Also never lay your hands on CISSP for dummies. It will be waste of time, b/c I just skimmed it for preparation and did not find any useful stuff. ISC2 CBK and Connard should be your primary source.

Try to compare competing technology, protocol i.e. what is similar what are advantages etc.

"Choice .... Problem is the choice"
Comment: Precisely Neo."

Yes, you will be faced with more than two options seem to be valid but think from security point of view and you will be saved. General options should be preferable over specific ones.

All the happiness in the world is sucked up and I feel I will never be happy again."
Comment: Here eat chocolate and you will feel better. Never let dementor of ISC2 kiss you again"

You will feel why I embark on this quest to save middle earth. But do not be despair frodo. Look at the top of screen it says"
Certified Information System Security Profession -<Your Name>
Whoo, what this will make your resume. Bigfour will be after you and money will just pour like rain. So get on with the exam and put your maximum effort.

"Four ring were forged by Saruman"
"Comment 0 ring was given to Kernel, 1 to device driver and 2 to user".

Do not waste your time on questions and choices that are unfamiliar. Just flag it and review them later. It is highly unlikely that Shon Harris will communicate to you and whisper in your ears the right answer. Just go ahead.

I know kungfu Morpheus
Comment: Show me .........neo

What ever you prepared for the exam will not be enough. Prior to exam you will never know are you prepared. You need real world experience to discern the choices. If you have played INFO SEC role.

Lastly prisoner of Azerbaijan:
6 hours + 2 hours for commute and preparation (doning cloth, eating). It will feel like locked up in prison. When you heard some laugh or someone logging off from station happily, You will wonder how can someone be happy in the world. Build you stamina. Bring food (chocolate off-course). You will gain weight. But no pain no gain.

Comments

• kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is THE most awesome thread post-CISSP I ever read! AWESOME! HAAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAH.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,233 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nerd alert LOL. Good stuff riyan haha.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This was awesome! 8 days till I enter the suck!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    Great post! Finally, someone gave "real" advice about the exam. Not just "score 80% on shon harris " or "think like a manager." Thanks for being more granular with your post. I swear reading this and some advice from E double U has been more valuable to me than anything else this week.
  • papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    Awesome post! Humor is always good when it comes to the exam. Congrats to you!
  • mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    Congrats,

Welcome to the matrix.
  • ChuzpahChuzpah Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Loved the post. Congratulations, sounds like a real slog but you made it! I enter in less than 13 days now, starting to feel it. Was that a whisper!?!
  • riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Morpheus.
    So you also took the red pill.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing... i'm still waiting for money to pour like rain..:D
  • riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For more good exam story, check out @papadoc , @beads and there was one guy who prepared for CISSP having two kids 3 years old. That solid commitment.

@dustervoice claim the empty throne of AIO. Write a book AIO 7th edition with at least 2000+ pages and claim the wealth of Shon Harris.
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing the CISSP, welcome to the club!
  • kvponkshekvponkshe Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on Passing !!!
    What is your opinion on cccure quiz ... I will face exam on 13 th April.
    riyan wrote: »
    For more good exam story, check out @papadoc , @beads and there was one guy who prepared for CISSP having two kids 3 years old. That solid commitment.

@dustervoice claim the empty throne of AIO. Write a book AIO 7th edition with at least 2000+ pages and claim the wealth of Shon Harris.

I had to prep with a 4 and 5 year old in the house, that was an adventure but it was all about structure. I would spend an hour with them after coming home from work, get them ready for bed, read to them, then to my home office read to MYSELF icon_smile.gif. Once they got into the routine, it was fine.
    kvponkshe wrote: »
    Congrats on Passing !!!
    What is your opinion on cccure quiz ... I will face exam on 13 th April.

CCure IMHO is good to drill on tech minutiae, MH and Transcender are better to prep you for the type of "conceptual" questions you will find on the exam.
    Thanks Papadoc for reply !! I have already opted for cccure .. do you suggest me to purchase Trancenser as well ... i have only 7 days to go to exam ...
    Thanks Papadoc for reply !! I have already opted for cccure .. do you suggest me to purchase Trancenser as well ... i have only 7 days to go to exam ...
    kvponkshe wrote: »

Transcender helped pull it together for me. I used the wrong answer explanations to look at where I was in. There is no guarantee that anything will MAKE you pass, but it certainly was a helpful tool for me to use.
    Thanks Papadoc. I am purchasing the Transcender as well ... 13 th April is D-Day ...... let us see .... I am getting nervous day by day ....