Options

Data Recovery Agents

Can anyone help me with this problem?I used the cipher command to create the .cer and .pfx keys for data recovery on a stand-alone XP machine and imported them. I then added a user called Ally as the DRA.
The problem is that when i create and encrypt a file when logged on as, say User1, i receive an "Access is denied" message when i try to use the DRA account to decrypt the file. Does anyone know what i am doing wrong?? icon_confused.gif

Comments

• Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    I think you have to create the DRA first before any files are encrypted.
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    xlg123xlg123 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Its been a long day, so I might be stating the obvious here by accident but:
    Did you have Ally use "cipher /k" than import her as a DRA, or did you use the admin? Each account that is a DRA must create its own cipher. The other psoter is correct, but it sounds like you did it in the correct order, ie. creating DRA before any files are encrypted.
  • Options
    Ally77Ally77 Member Posts: 212
    Yeah guys i had followed all those steps. I didnt have the DRA user included in the "Users who can transparantly access this file". Once i add them to this i can perform decryption but is this the proper solution to this problem?? icon_confused.gif