Passed SY0-401

f16jetmanf16jetman Member Posts: 108
Took and passed my Sec+ exam this morning. I now have the "Holy Trinity" on CompTIA exams. A+, Net+ and Sec+. On to CCNA!

This was for sure the toughest exam I have taken so far, and I would have liked a higher score but a pass is a pass!
I picked the wrong profession. Too much studying. :study:
[FONT=&amp]Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.” Jeremiah 9:23-24[/FONT]

Comments

• Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Congrats on the pass! What score did you get?
  • GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    f16jetman wrote: »
    Took and passed my Sec+ exam this morning. I now have the "Holy Trinity" on CompTIA exams. A+, Net+ and Sec+. On to CCNA!

This was for sure the toughest exam I have taken so far, and I would have liked a higher score but a pass is a pass!

You will love CCNA :D Take a stab at cloud+ in the future... no sims :D
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    GForce75 wrote: »
    You will love CCNA :D Take a stab at cloud+ in the future... no sims :D

Does cloud+ hold much value in the IT field? I haven't seen many positions asking for Cloud+
  • f16jetmanf16jetman Member Posts: 108
    I scored 776 I needed 750 to pass! Barely passed! I do not care for sim questions, so that sounds right up my alley!
    I picked the wrong profession. Too much studying. :study:
    [FONT=&amp]Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.” Jeremiah 9:23-24[/FONT]
  • GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    Justin- wrote: »
    Does cloud+ hold much value in the IT field? I haven't seen many positions asking for Cloud+

Think of Cloud+ as a gateway exam for VM-Ware and CCNA Data Center. Everything is going towards virtualization... so Cloud+ shows you understand some A+, N+ and Server+. It will ask questions that I have seen related to VM-Ware level stuff. So, it can really help you in that direction over-time. I'm saying you get more personal value out of it and it does demonstrate what you know in regard to SAN, LUNS, VMs, RAID... and etc. The resume part I think will be helpful if you know how to write it up and integrate it into your resume. I was fortunate to attend a military course over 8 months where we did CCNA, CISSP, VMWare, MS and etc... so it made me see the big picture.
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • tmcgtmcg Banned Posts: 127
    Congrats on the pass. I aim to study and take this exam over the summer.
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the Sec+ and best of luck on the CCNA path :D
  • Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    f16jetman wrote: »

Congrats on the pass. According to CompTIA, the core certifications are the A+, Network +, and the Security +. This is sometimes referred to as the "Triple Crown" or the "Holy Trinity" of IT certifications. I am currently studying for the Network + and than the Security +. Anyway, congrats once again and best of luck on your CCNA endeavors. icon_thumright.gif
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • trinitetrinite Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what kind you performance based questions came up??
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
  • successrealmsuccessrealm Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • kevluck373kevluck373 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's what I wonder cuz I can't find too much on the internet about performance questions. I bought the comptia certmaster but doesn't seem to me there are any performance questions either.

I feel fairly confident w/ everything but performance questions.
  • guy9guy9 Banned Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great job congratulations