Passed SY0-401

f16jetmanf16jetman Posts: 108Member
Took and passed my Sec+ exam this morning. I now have the "Holy Trinity" on CompTIA exams. A+, Net+ and Sec+. On to CCNA!

This was for sure the toughest exam I have taken so far, and I would have liked a higher score but a pass is a pass!
I picked the wrong profession. Too much studying. :study:
[FONT=&amp]Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.” Jeremiah 9:23-24[/FONT]

Comments

• Justin-Justin- Posts: 300Member
    Congrats on the pass! What score did you get?
  • GForce75GForce75 Posts: 222Member
    f16jetman wrote: »
    Took and passed my Sec+ exam this morning. I now have the "Holy Trinity" on CompTIA exams. A+, Net+ and Sec+. On to CCNA!

This was for sure the toughest exam I have taken so far, and I would have liked a higher score but a pass is a pass!

You will love CCNA :D Take a stab at cloud+ in the future... no sims :D
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • Justin-Justin- Posts: 300Member
    GForce75 wrote: »
    You will love CCNA :D Take a stab at cloud+ in the future... no sims :D

Does cloud+ hold much value in the IT field? I haven't seen many positions asking for Cloud+
  • f16jetmanf16jetman Posts: 108Member
    I scored 776 I needed 750 to pass! Barely passed! I do not care for sim questions, so that sounds right up my alley!
    I picked the wrong profession. Too much studying. :study:
    [FONT=&amp]Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.” Jeremiah 9:23-24[/FONT]
  • GForce75GForce75 Posts: 222Member
    Justin- wrote: »
    Does cloud+ hold much value in the IT field? I haven't seen many positions asking for Cloud+

Think of Cloud+ as a gateway exam for VM-Ware and CCNA Data Center. Everything is going towards virtualization... so Cloud+ shows you understand some A+, N+ and Server+. It will ask questions that I have seen related to VM-Ware level stuff. So, it can really help you in that direction over-time. I'm saying you get more personal value out of it and it does demonstrate what you know in regard to SAN, LUNS, VMs, RAID... and etc. The resume part I think will be helpful if you know how to write it up and integrate it into your resume. I was fortunate to attend a military course over 8 months where we did CCNA, CISSP, VMWare, MS and etc... so it made me see the big picture.
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • tmcgtmcg Posts: 127Banned
    Congrats on the pass. I aim to study and take this exam over the summer.
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Posts: 563Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the Sec+ and best of luck on the CCNA path :D
    WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress Start Date: Mar 1 2015 Transferred|Required|In Progress|Completed
    C176 C220 C221 C393 C394 C172 C178 C164 C457 C455 C456 C480 (42 CUs Xfered)
    C247 C299 (12 CUs Required to Graduate)
    C247
    C299 (12 CU In Progress)
    C182 ORA1 C459 C132 C168 C376 C483 C255 C278 C173 C169 C175 C484 C170 C179 C451 C100 C246
    C435 C436(68 CU Completed)
  • Armitron77Armitron77 Posts: 134Member
    f16jetman wrote: »

Congrats on the pass. According to CompTIA, the core certifications are the A+, Network +, and the Security +. This is sometimes referred to as the "Triple Crown" or the "Holy Trinity" of IT certifications. I am currently studying for the Network + and than the Security +. Anyway, congrats once again and best of luck on your CCNA endeavors. icon_thumright.gif
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • trinitetrinite Posts: 4Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    what kind you performance based questions came up??
  • fuz1onfuz1on Posts: 961Member
    congrats!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • orlandoflorlandofl Posts: 216Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
  • successrealmsuccessrealm Posts: 104Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
  • kevluck373kevluck373 Posts: 46Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's what I wonder cuz I can't find too much on the internet about performance questions. I bought the comptia certmaster but doesn't seem to me there are any performance questions either.

I feel fairly confident w/ everything but performance questions.
  • guy9guy9 Posts: 59Banned ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great job congratulations