Is this material good to pass CCENT?

jerseyIT92jerseyIT92 Banned Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

Let me start off by saying this. I'm probably the worlds WORST test taker. I'm really not just saying that, I am flat out terrible. So, my question for you is, will this information be good to pass?

My list of material;

*Study guide I'm buying- http://www.amazon.com/CCENT-ICND1-100-101-Official-Guide/dp/1587143852/ref=pd_sim_b_1/188-6705483-1135917?ie=UTF8&refRID=02QQGYEM0PRGKQQMM4XW

* Pluralsight for video training

*Packet tracer for labs in the study guide

*I also heard this site was good. CCENT Technologies Course - INE
- It's 20 bucks from them

Comments

• JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not sure about the book, I chose the Todd Lammle book, his CCNA one because the first half is ICND1 and the second half is ICND2. Packet Tracer is amazing but I would make it a habit of choosing the proper cables for everything instead of selecting the cable on auto select (A lot of people I know said screw it, I don't need to know the cables so I will just use the automatic cable button to connect my devices).
  • jerseyIT92jerseyIT92 Banned Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Jasiono wrote: »
    Not sure about the book, I chose the Todd Lammle book, his CCNA one because the first half is ICND1 and the second half is ICND2. Packet Tracer is amazing but I would make it a habit of choosing the proper cables for everything instead of selecting the cable on auto select (A lot of people I know said screw it, I don't need to know the cables so I will just use the automatic cable button to connect my devices).

Can you put a link to that book? does everything else look good to you?
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    OP - The book you listed is by Wendell Odom. His and the one by Todd Lammle are one of 2 books most here use. You cant go wrong with either one. Here is the link for Lammle's CCNA book. This book covers both ICND1 and ICND2.

CCNA Routing and Switching Study Guide: Exams 100-101, 200-101, and 200-120: Todd Lammle: 9781118749616: Amazon.com: Books
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
    ssnyderu2 wrote: »
    OP - The book you listed is by Wendell Odom. His and the one by Todd Lammle are one of 2 books most here use. You cant go wrong with either one. Here is the link for Lammle's CCNA book. This book covers both ICND1 and ICND2.

CCNA Routing and Switching Study Guide: Exams 100-101, 200-101, and 200-120: Todd Lammle: 9781118749616: Amazon.com: Books

Does that book you mentioned show you where to study for ICND1 and ICND2? Meaning will it give you a stopping point so you know where is ICND1 and ICND2? Or is it all blended together?
    Just ordered that book :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    OP, look at Paul Browning CCNA in 60 days. I recommend his book. His ebook is worth the $10 the physical book for $60 is a bit expensive. You can find it on Amazon.
    I ordered the one that was just put above already :/. Just spent 50 bucks on that. Going to try and look at that first and see how I can do.

The only thing I'm scared of is the subnetting. I can subnet, but I suck at math.. so when I subnet, I do it the hard way. lets just say its slash 6, I'll do 2x2x2x2x2x2 on paper because I can't do that math in my head.
    Send me a pm reminding me to give you YouTube links to cbt nuggets subnetting sections. I didn't upload them there but they are up there and once you view them you'll be so comfortable with subnetting. The VLSM is also on YouTube. Shoot me that pm and I'll link them to you tomorrow.

Start reading the book when you get it lol. I think you made a good choice on it because it's a 2in1 basically. The book is split up into both exams so if you really like it, you won't have to buy an idnd2 book, unles you want supplemental material.
    Yeah my post has mistakes in grammar and spelling but I'm on an iPhone and it's past midnight. I had coffee almost 2 hours ago and I'm wired right now.
    What. That's a really long way lol.
    wait until you see the cbt nuggets section of subnetting.

128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1

a /6 is basically 255-3 = 252, but they will come naturally in your head like the multiplication table back in school. Once you see it you'll know it right off the bat.
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jerseyIT92 wrote: »
    Does that book you mentioned show you where to study for ICND1 and ICND2? Meaning will it give you a stopping point so you know where is ICND1 and ICND2? Or is it all blended together?

Todd Lammle's study guide is one big book, but you can tell where ICND1 stops and ICND2 starts. Chapters 1-14 are ICND1, chapters 15-21 ICND2.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
    Jasiono wrote: »
    What. That's a really long way lol.
    wait until you see the cbt nuggets section of subnetting.

128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1

a /6 is basically 255-3 = 252, but they will come naturally in your head like the multiplication table back in school. Once you see it you'll know it right off the bat.

LOL, I know right? My professor in school was like "you know you're doing it the hardest way, right?" I was like yeah, idk why, but that's the way I understand it. I'll PM you with my email, definitely send me those vids! Thanks so much bro.