Options

PASSED the ICND1 Exam!!

marcj04marcj04 Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,

After two months of studying, I have finally passed the ICND 1 Exam. Let me start off by saying how much harder it was than the Network +. This is only my second certification and I was sitting there thinking I was going to fail the exam. I managed to get a 960/1000. The multiple choice wasn't the issue. The simulations were tough. I don't want to go into detail but it was definitely not what I was expecting. I thought there would be more configuration to the sim exams and that's kind of what I was hoping for.

For preparation, I read through the Cisco Press ICND 1 100-101 Official Cert Guide and watched the CBT Nuggets with Jeremy. I also did hours upon hours of labbing. This was on top of taking 6 classes and working part-time. It was tough but if you want it bad enough, you can do anything.

Now to take one week off then hit the books for the ICND 2. How much harder is the ICND 2 compared to the ICND 1?

Comments

• Options
    hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Topics are more complex in the ICND2 so it takes longer to get ready in my opinion. It's definitely harder.
  • Options
    Oh cool! I'm looking forward to it. I have really become interested in the topic of Networking and I love challenges. Can't wait to tackle that beast. I finished the ICND 1 much faster than I expected. I was planning on dedicating at least 4 more months to studying but I blasted through the book and the videos. As long as I am CCNA certified before I graduate then I will still be on track for my original plan. Luckily I don't graduate until this December so this gives me 8 months to study for the CCNA.
  • Options
    jerseyIT92jerseyIT92 Banned Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Was there a ton of subnetting?
  • Options
    hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    marcj04 wrote: »
    Oh cool! I'm looking forward to it. I have really become interested in the topic of Networking and I love challenges. Can't wait to tackle that beast. I finished the ICND 1 much faster than I expected. I was planning on dedicating at least 4 more months to studying but I blasted through the book and the videos. As long as I am CCNA certified before I graduate then I will still be on track for my original plan. Luckily I don't graduate until this December so this gives me 8 months to study for the CCNA.

It took me less than 8 months to go from ICND1 to ICND2 but more than 2 months to go from nothing to ICND1, so you're fine. Good job.
  • Options
    AwesomeGarrettAwesomeGarrett Member Posts: 257
    Congratulations!icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    jerseyIT92 wrote: »
    Was there a ton of subnetting?

You should definitely know your subnetting. There were a good amount of questions on it. Those were the easy points to me lol. I actually enjoy subnetting so every time a question came up about subnetting, I was relieved lol.
  • Options
    Yeah, I like it as well. The only problem is I suck at math lol. So when I do subnet, I usually do it on paper. 2x2x2x2x2 etc lol. I know that's not a logical way to do it... but for some reason, that's the way that works for me.
  • Options
    mattgee87mattgee87 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I feel so behind, I haven't even taken my ICND1 and I've been studying for 5 months
  • Options
    mjnk77mjnk77 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Bro, don't even think that way. I haven't even started studying yet. I just ordered the study guide today. I'm giving myself about 6 months from when I receive the book. Don't rush yourself for anything.
  • Options
    MagmadragoonMagmadragoon Member Posts: 172 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratulations
  • Options
    siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    I remember that feeling... Congrats on passing! :D
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching
  • Options
    mattgee87mattgee87 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jerseyIT92 wrote: »
    Bro, don't even think that way. I haven't even started studying yet. I just ordered the study guide today. I'm giving myself about 6 months from when I receive the book. Don't rush yourself for anything.

Thanks man
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your CCENT! and Best of luck in your classes and ICND2 studies!
  • Options
    crazboy84crazboy84 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just keep practicing your subnetting and you will eventually start to memorize everything and not need to do the math on simpler subnetting questions. Most of the time i can look at the question and know in my head the answer instantly.