Options

Personality types and IT jobs?

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Philz - Completing TOGAF part 2 first right?
  • Options
    philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    Well, yes that to. It's schedule for tomorrow so might as well do it. Then I have to convince the wife for $549 to pay for the CSSLP.

Then it's study for MCSD time. Although the OSCP seems fascinating, although I have no desire to be a pentester. Also, I thought today about doing the CCIE Security once I'm done with school. Ahhh I'm insane icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ISTJ Logistician "This is all very interesting. Now give me the facts." Thats me spot on

I think I have said that many times in the past lol.
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    INFP - The Mediator. 4% of the population. It's mostly right. :)
  • Options
    ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    [h=1]INTJ Personality (“The Architect”) [/h] It's lonely at the top, and being one of the rarest and most strategically capable personality types, INTJs know this all too well. INTJs form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population - it is often a challenge for them to find like-minded individuals who are able to keep up with their relentless intellectualism and chess-like maneuvering. People with the INTJ personality type are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy.

Sums me up pretty nicely.
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • Options
    aspiringsoulaspiringsoul Member Posts: 314
    ISTJ here...
    Education: MS-Information Security and Assurance from Western Governors University, BS-Business Information Systems from Indiana Wesleyan University, AAS-Computer Network Systems - ITT Tech,
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Your personality type: “The Executive” (ESTJ-A)
    Strength of individual traits: Extraverted: 48%, Observant: 15%, Thinking: 21%, Judging: 37%, Assertive: 62%.
    Role: Sentinel
    Strategy: People Mastery

Apparently, I'm a badass
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    Your personality type: “The Executive” (ESTJ-A)
    Strength of individual traits: Extraverted: 48%, Observant: 15%, Thinking: 21%, Judging: 37%, Assertive: 62%.
    Strategy: People Mastery

Apparently, I'm a badass

Lol, love it!
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I got ISTJ and saw "sentinel" which sounds like I would be good with a bo staff.

Then I retested and got ISTP, and sentinel changed to "explorer" and now it sounds like I should have a backpack, a map, and a purple monkey.
  • Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    INFJ, The Advocate. Though I often test as an INTJ.
  • Options
    ScrawnyRonnieScrawnyRonnie Member Posts: 112
    xnx wrote: »
    ISTP-A

icon_cool.gif
    ISTP-A as well. Must be an Arsenal thing :)
    :lol:
  • Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ISTJ's seem to be taking the lead by almost double the count. Interesting
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    YOUR RESULTS
    PERSONALITY: ENFJ ("THE PROTAGONIST")

VARIANT: TURBULENT

ROLE: DIPLOMAT

Has gotten me and a lot of bad situations too...That's why I got out of management... too many battles, too much stress.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,567 Mod
    Commander (ENTJ-A).

Mind you, after years of introspective, I know that 'character' is not a constant thing. You change your character and become a completely different person by forced behaviors and mindsets (e.g. actors in different movies, spy, etc etc), it is possible.

This test is accurate (sort of), my ex-gf said that I 'command' her around lol
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Defender (ISFJ-T)
    43% Introverted
    21% Observant
    28% Feeling
    55% Judging
    52% Turbulent

ISFJs are true altruists, meeting kindness with kindness-in-excess and engaging the work and people they believe in with enthusiasm and generosity.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    Rumblr33Rumblr33 Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Personality: Executive (ESTJ-A)
    Variant: Assertive
    This is spot on with my personal and professional life.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I came up with the Executive also.

I wonder if any of the personality types come up as slacker.
  • Options
    ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Advocate (INFJ-T

100% introverted

Well that sucks :) it explains alot though I hate being the center of attention, I freak out in busy social situations and when I do engage with people I feel exhausted. I have had anxiety since as far back as I can remember icon_sad.gif

apparently My personality type is very rare? less than one percent! of the population are like me? wow
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    PERSONALITY: INTJ ("THE ARCHITECT")
    VARIANT: ASSERTIVE
    ROLE: ANALYST
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    JamesKurtovichJamesKurtovich Member Posts: 195
    INTJ "The Architect"

Interesting.
  • Options
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    Commander (ENTJ-A).

Mind you, after years of introspective, I know that 'character' is not a constant thing. You change your character and become a completely different person by forced behaviors and mindsets (e.g. actors in different movies, spy, etc etc), it is possible.

This test is accurate (sort of), my ex-gf said that I 'command' her around lol

I would have to agree with this statement. I feel that my personality changes with the environment I am in. I believe that it is possible to change someone from being an introvert to an extrovert and vise versa.

Sometimes people take these labels to heart and use it as an excuse to “stay in their comfort zone.”

People can be what they want to be at any given time.
  • Options
    If you're interested in Myer's Briggs personality types (which this test was built off), I'd suggest looking at https://www.reddit.com/r/mbti and sub-reddits targeted to your "type". It's great being able to talk to people who think in a similar way as you do. Recently, MBTI has definitely helped me come to understand myself, my thoughts and my emotions.

Figuring out your true "type" isn't as straight forward as it would seem. I thought that I was an INTJ for years before I realized that I'm actually an INFJ, and there are supposedly big differences between the two.
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    ISTJ-T, Logistician.

I don't agree with everything in the description of the personality type, but I do agree with this: "Combining laziness and dishonesty is the quickest way to get on ISTJs' bad side."

Also, I believe personality types change over time as your values change, life events force you to shift your focus, etc.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    You do realize that the Myers-Briggs test is about as accurate as a Buzzfeed quiz?
    Why the Myers-Briggs test is totally meaningless - Vox

It's fun, though. Like a horoscope the explanations are full of positive things - traits we have or would like to have. I was an ENTP today.
  • Options
    Claymoore wrote: »
    You do realize that the Myers-Briggs test is about as accurate as a Buzzfeed quiz?

It's fun, though. Like a horoscope the explanations are full of positive things - traits we have or would like to have. I was an ENTP today.

Yes, this test is. But the underlying science behind Myer's Briggs is pretty solid.

As with anything in life, it's to be taken with a grain of salt.

MBTI does a good job of assessing some characteristics of personality but it's often misused and abused in ways that make it inaccurate. It's hard to determine/factor IQ/EQ/SQ and overall maturity based on some test. Generally speaking, if used correctly it can definitely provide insight into a baseline of one's personality and it's better than nothing.
  • Options
    EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Your results
    Personality: ISFJ ("The Defender")
    Variant: Assertive

That was fun. Thanks! :)
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • Options
    Claymoore wrote: »

I am appalled that you would even think that this test is not accurate and that it is just an attempt to rake in a fortune on an erroneous personality model.

It was posted on FB and I read a Wiki on it (with sources verified)....Its Legit!

I am now realigning my career and life with things that are more compatible with my letters...

So I have left my wife and am still debating the kids pending their results on the test.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @ Clay when the C levels start to come around I suddenly become introverted. Strange!
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ESTJ (“The Executive”), Variant: Assertive, Role: Sentinel, Extraverted 73%, Observant 47%, Thinking 24%, Judging 60%, and Assertive 78%.

Wow, that was fun!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ISFJ-T "The Defender" - yep that's me! Constant Improvement!