The miracle happened .. Passed CISSP

MadoMado Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

Today, I just witnessed the last miracle.. I passed CISSP exam :) .. The exam was tough, you have to send 6 hours to finish all the 250 questions and recheck the flagged ones. I thought I passed by tough exams but I never saw like this one, however eventually I passed You'll feel scared along your study and within the exam. But the moment you receive the results, it'll be nothing, you'll be over the moon

I spent 5 weeks (only) preparing for the exam, 3 - 4 hours min per day after work & full days on week ends. Drank lot of Coffee and Energy drinks till I got saturated.

I used the following:
1- Eric Conrad, 2nd edition book
2- Eleventh hours for Eric Conrad. started it only 2 days before the exam.
3- Shon Harris Tips after each domain just to know what I may missed (They helped alot)

For practicing,
1- McGraw hill exams (unfortunately didn't pass the 80% score but I knew the answers)
2- exam & half from Eric Conrad the night before the exam. It helped me alot to calm me down. The questions are quite easy
3- The questions after each domain from Eric Conrad & Shon Harris

The exam doesn't test your ability to retain the steps, procedures and repeat them by heart (As I did) but it actually test your understanding for these steps and put you in scenarios for what should be the good action according to this particular step/procedure

Actually what really made me pass: ALOOOOOT of prayers, I even asked all my friends and relatives to pray for me :D

My advice: Recording all the steps in mind is not enough (although it'll help) but understanding every step will do the magic and make you pass.

Wish those who gonna take the exam before 15 April all luck and for me to complete the following steps to get the certificate officially :)

Comments

• philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    Congrats I am happy for you!
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,233 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Mado wrote: »

Actually what really made me pass: ALOOOOOT of prayers, I even asked all my friends and relatives to pray for me :D

The studying might've helped a little bit too :D.

Congratulations and welcome to the club!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • seigexseigex Member Posts: 105
    Right on, welcome to the club!
  • Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    what do you mean when you say know/understand the "steps?"
  • Sscp1986Sscp1986 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratz Mado.
    2015: CISSP[Working on it]
  • rickberrrickberr Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Mado!
  • mdragonmdragon Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Mado!! I just passed today to. I agree with. Extremely difficult exam. The most difficult one that I have taken.
  • IggI_SupremeIggI_Supreme Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Mado,
    Maybe one day i can join the club but first let me start praying....
  • VeeiVeei Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Sounds very much like my recent experience as well. Heck yeah, brother/sister!
  • VeeiVeei Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Khaos1911 wrote: »
    what do you mean when you say know/understand the "steps?"

He speaks the troof!

Some examples of what he means:

* Memorizing the layers of the OSI model won't help you on the actual test as much as understanding what protocols and services run at different layers and why they do.

* Understand the logical reasons and the process behind why you perform the SDLC steps in a specific order rather than memorizing the actual names of the orders.

* Knowing that DES is less secure than AES is more important than knowing how many rounds each algorithm performs.

ISC2 does not treat this exam like a vocabulary test. The definitions in the books are simply the language you need to speak to actually understand the concepts properly. Problem solving is your ultimate goal.
  • GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    Outstanding! You took it serious and your congrats is well deserved!
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • ChuzpahChuzpah Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I've noticed a trend on study materials. Most people seem to use the 11th hour, and Shon Harris books.
  • kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Mado!!
  • papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    Congrats Mado! Agreed, best feeling ever seeing that "Congratulations" on the first line of the letter. You have to mentally prepare yourself for failure as well and chalk it up to a learning experience, an expensive one but think of how much knowledge you have from just doing all studying! :).
  • successrealmsuccessrealm Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, Mado!