Another certification about to come off the roles!

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Well RMP it was nice knowing you and while you didn't add one bit of value to me getting hired at any position, it was fun parting ways with my 500 USD. However I will not be duped into spending another 150 to renew.

Studying the material was great and very valuable. Another instance of reading the book and learning the information would of been plenty. Being able to speak to the topic and leverage the knowledge.

Man I am going to be down to 5 - 6 certification here soon.

Server +
Project +
MOS 2007 Master Basically dropped off, 2007 LMAO
CAPM drops off in 2017
ITIL X 3
Prince 2 Foundations. Not sure if this one expires.

RMP drops off in June.

I'm going to be back where I started no certifications icon_lol.gif

Comments

• philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    You're becoming an executive icon_razz.gif
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Business Analyst - Senior Vice President. That's a heck of a jump. :)
    Hellz ya, and you take senior to the next level old fart icon_razz.gif
    @N2IT Did I tell you I applied to our Director of Global Product Security role? Better watch out I'm catching up...
    That is sweet! I hope you get it, yeah now I feel like a loser :)

Well if I play my cards right I can get the title of procurement manager. Fingers crossed, gotta keep grinding it out.
    You know what procurement does right? I wouldn't wish that upon anyone but hey I'm the one whose after the sacrificial lamb career of cyber security....
    Oh and I take part 2 of TOGAF tomorrow. I'm getting 95% on the practice exams so I should be good.
    Brings us back a winner.

Oh and the procurement title is only that, it's really a data warehouse manager, essentially, but since it's in a business unit, they require a title that matches that team.
    @N2IT Lol, someone sent me negative rep for messaging back and forth with you in a post gotta love people who can't say stuff to you and use anonymous up/down votes. That will just make me do it more icon_razz.gif
  • GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    philz1982 wrote: »
    @N2IT Lol, someone sent me negative rep for messaging back and forth with you in a post gotta love people who can't say stuff to you and use anonymous up/down votes. That will just make me do it more icon_razz.gif

I give you gentlemen props. People like you have inspired me to look at Information Security Assurance and at the very least become even more ambitious in my IT/IS career goals. Now if I can only focus on reading 800+ pages of cyberlaw and complete my MSISA early or on time.....hopefully these nootropics I ordered on Amazon work because all I really want do is play Starcraft 2.
    Lol, I know the feeling. I have the attention span of a Gnat. 800 pages of cyberlaw what book are you reading? My cyberlaw book has 280 pages.
    Yeah I got two from this thread alone. :)I've been fully rep'd for over a year.

A C4 blast wouldn't move my Reputation lol.

Lol, I don't even know what the find what you want to do comment means? That doesn't even make sense. Well I want to go eat a Wendy's Baconator. Does that count?
  • GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    [h=1]Cyberspace Law: Cases & Materials, Third Edition[/h]its 790+ pages. And my course layout for cyberlaw wants me to read chapter 1-7...the entire book + skillport + rando articles.
    +1 with the Baconator. I'm a hefty 230, probably the last thing I need :)
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    N2IT, what certs have you held previously?

Philz, I wish I could work on multiple things at once like you do. By the time I get home from working all day, and then deal with three kids under 5 (I know you have little ones too), I can't even think about opening a book. Basically all of my studying is done at work.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    A+, N+, S+, RMP (soon to be gone, next month). So not that much really, but I plan on taking the PMI-ACP through work. They paid for my 65 dollar book and the cost of the exam, I believe 500 or close for non members. So I'll get another one back. :)

Of course anything dates back a ways doesn't go on my resumes either. The microsoft office master certs from 2007 are expired enough and just for the sake of lack of confusion, I leave off all my ITIL certifications. In my role people are always asking what ITIL is and then when I explain they glaze over like "there really is a certification for that"?

For the sake of simplicity I just leave those off.

Right now I only list the CAPM and PRINCE 2. When I get the ACP I'll take those off and just list the ACP. I've been PM'ing in the app dev world for over 2 years so I want to brand myself solely as that, that's why the other certs are off or will be coming off.
    You really should look into CSSLP it gives a solid foundation around secure development. It's shored up some areas in my skillset around requirements conversion to security scope. That and safecodes write up on secure stories for agile scrum.
    I just reviewing, it looks pretty interesting. I reviewed the assessment it looks like it is geared towards software project and program managers. Interesting stuff.
    TOGAF part 2 95% pass 25 mins. Booyah!
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    My MCSE: Messaging may expire before Microsoft releases a new version of Exchange.

I have many certifications that I leave off my resume, and a few that have expired or reclassified as legacy. With Microsoft switching to a renewal model, that will clean up some more. The AWS certifications are only good for 2 years - with only 5 possible certification exams at the moment, that's going to be a lot of re-testing.
    Philz nice work man! Bam!

Claymoore you are the MS guru. You almost have to by default drop certs just to keep your resume under 10 pages. JK
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    philz1982 wrote: »
    TOGAF part 2 95% pass 25 mins. Booyah!

Congrats!!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    Thanks now it's either the CSSLP or CISSP-ISSEP I'm undecided.
  • rickberrrickberr Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @philz1982 congrats on the pass!
    rickberr wrote: »
    @philz1982 congrats on the pass!

Thanks brother, did you decide to do the ISSAP, CCNA Sec, or CEH? I personally would go after the ISSAP but that's just MHO