Passed CISSP -- 1st Attempt (7 APR 2015)

cateaguecateague Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All....

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I PASSED my CISSP today. First THANK YOU GOD (there truly is power in prayer --and preparation), second, THANK YOU family for putting up with me for the past few months)..... icon_smile.gif

Just so you know..
I tried to get a good nights sleep (~8-ish hours or so), but I keep tossing/turning and I ended up drifting off at about 11:30PM. Test was at 8AM the next day.
I took a boot Camp (Training Camp) the week before my test (EXCELLENT!!)
I did the CBT-esque Training Camp primer (the week before the boot camp) - videos and assessment test.
I did all of Cybrary - Free Online IT and Cyber Security Training, Forever! (CISSP, of course) videos (Kelly Handerhan is a great presenter).
I took a 6 week on-line review session (UMBC) -- wasn't bad (good primer for the boot camp, TBH).

Here was the following tests that I took:
Trancender tests (pretty good). By far the best for the closest flavor of the test.
Skillset (lets you test various domains).
U of Fairfax (good assessment tester).
Total Tester (from the Shon Harris book) (no bad)
CCCure.org (set to "pro") (these are user generated and had some repetition/mistakes).
McGraw-Hill (can test each domain).

The books/study material:
IF you can get your hands on it (CISSP Review seminar handbook). I will be putting mine on amazon/ebay so for a decent price (not trying to get "rich"---but give back)....You can only get this book in you take a ISC2 CISSP boot camp.
Shon Harris AIO (6th edition) -- THIS BOOK IS GOOD FOR REFERENCE ONLY!!!! IMHO
Eric Conrad's 11th Hour CISSP (EXCELLENT BOOK)...easy to read and gets straight to the point.
CCCure.org Aide de Memoire
CISSP Sunflower (google it). it's a condensed 2-3 pager for each doamin. EXCELLENT.
CISSP Combined notes (again something I found while "googling")...GREAT as well....

After 5 hours and 20 minutes (with one bathroom break)...... It's all over!!!!!!

Thanks!

Comments

• passedcissppassedcissp Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi pal,
    I passed the exam on the same date and mailed my materials on 4/13, Received the confirmation of receipt same day.
    I haven;t seen the confirmation of completion of endorsement yet. Have you?

Thanks,
    Jason
  • analystanalyst Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi pal,
    I passed the exam on the same date and mailed my materials on 4/13, Received the confirmation of receipt same day.
    I haven;t seen the confirmation of completion of endorsement yet. Have you?

Thanks,
    Jason

I'm about 2 weeks behind you! Based on endorsement reports in other threads, I expect a 6-7 week wait.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This makes me feel better! Submitted all my stuff on April 15th and was getting worried.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff