Options

CSX Cybersecurity Fundamentals

EZstreetEZstreet Member Posts: 18 ■■□□□□□□□□
Howdy all,

First post here. I have been studying (online course and study guide from ISACA) for the exam which I plan to take on Tuesday of next week. I was wondering if anyone here has taken the exam and could let me know what to expect with regard to the material I have mentioned? Do they question material that was not covered in those two? Easy? Etc....

Thanks,
EZ

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I am always curious on why people take this relatively unknown cert. What is your driver?

More here: http://www.techexams.net/forums/isaca-cisa-cism/104071-isaca-cybersecurity-fundamentals-certificate.html
  • Options
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I am always curious on why people take this relatively unknown cert. What is your driver?

My manager ( ITSecurity Manager ) selected it for me. Not much choice. I plan to pursue others but he wanted me to start with this one. I am VERY new to any cybersecurity (was recently promoted to Information Security Analyst in Jan but am very interested in the field. I have been a Sys Admin and IT Procurement manager for approx 15 years but am being groomed to take the ITSM role when my boss retires.

Thanks for the link.
  • Options
    Well for what it's worth. I passed the exam yesterday and was much more difficult that I was expecting. Seems like the questions were worded 'weird' for lack of a better term. They were covered in the material but not presented in same fashion. And for anyone that is studying the online course of the 150 questions given in the section assessments and knowledge checks don't count them being on the test. I only saw 5 or 6 out of the 75 questions that were pretty much the same as the course.

Regards,
    EZ
  • Options
    SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    EZstreet wrote: »
    I am VERY new to any cybersecurity (was recently promoted to Information Security Analyst in Jan but am very interested in the field.

What do they have you doing?
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • Options
    Franz JosephFranz Joseph Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi EZ, can you share to me your online material please? TIA!