Options

How often are CCNA tests refreshed?

MideMide Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
Before I start buying books and studying up, I was wondering how often the tests are refreshed and old tests go end of life?

Comments

• Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I could be wrong but I think they were refreshed in these years

200-120 - 2013
    640-802 - 2007
    640-801 - 2003?
    640-507 - 2000?
    640-407 - 1998
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Depends on your track. They just refreshed the CCNA September 2013 I believe. CCNA Collaboration will be coming soon to refresh Voice/Video (You can take the test now. August is the deadline for old exams). CCNA Security and CCDA have been around for a few years so expect a refresh of those in the next year-ish. CCNA Data Center isn't brand new, but I think there'll be a couple more years until they refresh that one.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    MideMide Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Depends on your track.
    Just the intro CCNA, so if the pattern of 4+ years stays the same I should be ok for now, thanks all.
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mide wrote: »
    Just the intro CCNA, so if the pattern of 4+ years stays the same I should be ok for now, thanks all.

CCNA: R&S (October 2013) and CCNP: R&S (January 2015) have been refreshed very recently and are unlikely to be refreshed again at least for a few years. Cisco is also dropping the Voice (replacing with Collaboration) and SP Operations tracks this year.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]