Any body passed Server+ the beta exam?

ibn_shaddadibn_shaddad Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello

Any body passed Server+ the beta exam? if yes please share us your experienceicon_thumright.gif
Working on: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec, Security+
Learning: Python, C and C++

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I haven't taken it myself. My friend took it and had some simulation questions on it similar to A+ and Network+ combined type of sims as in content wise if that makes sense.
  • captaincrunchy6captaincrunchy6 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any other hints as to what could be on it. I signed up for the test and the furthest date I could get was may 1st, I passed their 10 question practice exam 10 out of 10 and downloaded their exam guide, but since it is new there is not a whole lot of study material. If your friend has any other advice or points of enffices I would greatly appreciate it.
  • ibn_shaddadibn_shaddad Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I haven't taken it myself. My friend took it and had some simulation questions on it similar to A+ and Network+ combined type of sims as in content wise if that makes sense.

thanks man for the input, appreciate it
    Working on: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec, Security+
    Learning: Python, C and C++
  • shaykhshaykh Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took it yesterday , 120 questions in 120 minutes no sims..
  • tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    shaykh wrote: »
    I just took it yesterday , 120 questions in 120 minutes no sims..

I am taking it tomorrow. Is there anything that stuck out to you as something that shown up a lot? Any advice at all? Thanks.
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
  • shaykhshaykh Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A lot of RAID related questions, know you port #'s (dhcp,https,dns,telnet,ssh) ..Bash.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    From what I remember taking the 003, Knowing RAID is important.
  • owieczka_maowieczka_ma Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I took the beta exam (SK1-004) today:
    1.) There were 120 questions and 120 minutes available.
    2.) There were no simulation type questions for me.
    3.) As already pointed - lots of questions related to RAID topic. I was aware of that so I am glad I prepared with this subject quite well.
    4.) There were also lots of subnetting questions on a CCNA level.
    5.) I was also surprised by quite tough questions (5 or 6) from Security Domain. From them with one particular question I just had to scratch my bold head and say: "What the heck they are exactly looking for"?

Generally I have to say this exam was on a decent level. It's a pity we have to wait quite long to get an outcome.
  • captaincrunchy6captaincrunchy6 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was lucky enough to take the beta exam before it expired.
    same as above - no sims, and networking/subnet questions were a bit of a surprise, but not too challenging.

seeing how they took the beta off their site hopefully they announce pass/fail soon.
  • owieczka_maowieczka_ma Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have noticed new information from CompTIA on their Server+ certification subpage:
    Server+ beta exam results
    For those who took the CompTIA Server+ beta exam (SK1-004), your exam results will be mailed to you directly from VUE, in Q4 ’15 or Q1 ’16, when the final SK0-004 exam is released. Thank you for supporting the IT industry by taking the Server+ beta exam.

Again - this is a quite long period to wait for results.