Who has taken the 642-511 Exam?

HHHTheGameHHHTheGame Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
I know Mike is taking it on Tuesday, but has anyone else taken it yet? I ordered the Cisco Press book to start reading, but all of the reviews I have seen say the book is too outdated (published in 2003) for the exam. The Sybex book was published around the same time. I do think it's odd that Cisco hasn't redone this book, but oh well.

I have a 3000 Concentrator at work and some spare 3002 hardware devices to play with so that will help, but I was just checking to see if anyone else here has anything else to add.

HHH

Comments

• EricOEricO Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have taken it, back on January 9th. In my personal opinion it was the most difficult exam. I didn't have access to any VPN concentrators or clients though, so configuring the devices in the sims was difficult for me to navigate. Luckily passing on this bad boy is 790. I scored an 835. Practice configuring the concentrators and you should be fine. The sybex all-in-one ccsp book helped me.
  • HHHTheGameHHHTheGame Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cool, thanks for the info!

I already have a spare 3002 device put aside (in my desk) so I can play with it. I have access to our 3005 as well, but obviously I cannot confiure that!!!
  • ubergeekubergeek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just be comforatable creating vpns (L2L, remote, EZVPN - since you are using 3002). Also familiarize yourself on the navigation of the concentrator. I think you could pass using the simulator, I used a single 3002 when I passed my exam and currently I'm still using it for an additional equipment for my lab exam.

Good luck on your exams!
    Thank you for calling Cisco Technical Assistance Center.. This is Edward how may I help you?