110 -POP3
179 - BGP
1080 - Socks

Only UDP:
161- SNMP

Comments

• Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No, you need to know every port number ever assigned. Download the rfc and keep memorizing. You should be good in about a month.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    Funny story, someone asked me about ssh's port number in an interview and I said 443 and then changed my mind to 22 a few seconds later. Might have cost me the job, who knows.
  • Options
    PaPaJPaPaJ Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you're studying for the Cert exam just the common well known ports will do (but I would add port 110 [POP3] to the list). If you are preparing for a job you should study the entire list of ports as suggested above. During an interview you may be asked about some lesser know ports and what they are for.

Just from personal experience. I interviewed with two separate companies for intern positions and I was asked about port 547 - DHCP Server, 194 - IRC - Internet Relay Chat, and 445 - Microsoft DS. Needless to say the only one I knew was port 547 - DHCP Server. So it would pay to know the list of ports.
  • Options
    satishtechsatishtech Member Posts: 243
    every port ever assigned , ahh haaa icon_lol.gif
    Yes I meant only for the CCENT Exam.
  • Options
    crazboy84crazboy84 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For the exam you really need to only know the basic ports. I made this to help me memorize them for the A+ and it works for the CCNA as well.
    https://quizlet.com/45201939/a-tcp-ports-flash-cards/
  • Options
    JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    fredrikjj wrote: »
    Funny story, someone asked me about ssh's port number in an interview and I said 443 and then changed my mind to 22 a few seconds later. Might have cost me the job, who knows.

Well that to me would show that you know a little beyond the ports, considering HTTPS uses SSH, I can see where that would have been answered as you answered it, depending on the frame of mind you are in.