Options

SSCP study materials for revised exam

ashishmguptaashishmgupta Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Effective April 15, 2015, the SSCP exam will be based on a new exam blueprint. Can anybody suggest the study materials for the new outline?
This link does not have the updated edition for SSCP.
https://www.isc2.org/official-isc2-textbooks.aspx

Thanks,
Ashish

Comments

• Options
    Falcon56Falcon56 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks like there is going to be a little bit of a wait on the new materials.

In one of his e-mails, Darril seemed pretty agitated about the way ISC2 rushed out these exam objectives. In his blog, he still doesn't sound too happy about it. One of the entries is showing a projected date of November 1, 2015 for the changes to be implemented by his publisher.

SSCP and CISSP Changes - Get Certified Get Ahead | Get Certified Get Ahead

I'm not real thrilled about there being changes and very few resources available too. I'm planning on taking the CISSP in August or September and I'm wondering if there will be any materials [other than ISC2's] available?
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm just going to use the ISC2 official book to study for the SSCP exam and map what SSCP materials I need.
    I'll watch videos too but I'll mostly use the book, then I'll grab some practice tests from ISC2 to help me out.

This is the best way that I can think about going for the SSCP for now.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well, the best way would be to have current SSCP, CISSP holders take the new exam and do a real comparison. Overall it appears the changes will be more cosmetic than material but I could be wrong.

I hate to inform many of you but many authors took or take the exam annually to update there book materials on a regular basis.

Why all the hand-ringing if ISC2 doesn't appear to be racking new material out in the first place?

-b/eads
  • Options
    newjacknewjack Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah it is unfortunate that ISC2 pulled this quick one. I wonder if CISSP's new material will be out quickly, and not only that, will it be good?